Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips
 

new hunter

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

new hunter

Postby Scorpyd shooter » 03 03, 2017 •  [Post 1]

I signed up here because I just got my first draw on a wy tag, this site looks to have very good info on it, I am excited to finally get a chance at filling a WY tag!!
Scorpyd shooter
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 02, 2017

Re: new hunter

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 03, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Welcome to the WT forum mister; glad to have you on board! Pull up the thread below when you get a minute, do a quick intro, and I'll send one of the coveted WT decals your way ;).

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8448
User avatar
WapitiTalk1
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: 06 10, 2012
Location: WA State
First Name: RJ

Re: new hunter

Postby Scorpyd shooter » 03 03, 2017 •  [Post 3]

thanks!
Scorpyd shooter
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 02, 2017

Re: new hunter

Postby Swede » 03 03, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Welcome to the W.T. camp Scorpyd shooter. There is a lot of good information here without the attitude you get on other forums. There are several hunters here, familiar with Wyoming, that can probably give you some specific pointers about the State and unit you will be hunting. Again, welcome to W.T.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics
 
Posts: 10759
Joined: 06 16, 2012

Re: new hunter

Postby Scorpyd shooter » 03 03, 2017 •  [Post 5]

sounds good, on trapperman sometimes people do not behave as they should, they are dumb bells or jealous, idk
Scorpyd shooter
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 02, 2017

Re: new hunter

Postby Game Planner Maps » 03 06, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Welcome and congrats on drawing your tag. Be sure to check out the Interactive Map Viewer at Game Planner Maps. Its free and easy to register. Welcome to the site, lots of elk hunting knowledge to be gained here!
The Ultimate Map Resource for the DIY Public Land Hunter
www.GAMEPLANNERMAPS.com
Whats Your Game Plan?
Game Planner Maps
User avatar
Game Planner Maps
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 79
Joined: 04 06, 2016
Location: Arizona

Re: new hunter

Postby N2mywake » 03 06, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Welcome aboard as others have mentioned there is a genuine eagerness to help and discuss each other's methods here. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
West Kentucky Boy
User avatar
N2mywake
Rank: Spike
 
Posts: 185
Joined: 11 29, 2016

Re: new hunter

Postby Scorpyd shooter » 03 07, 2017 •  [Post 8]

thanks! hope to find someone that has been to area 41, I googled it, seems to be mixed opinions
Scorpyd shooter
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 02, 2017

Re: new hunter

Postby Scorpyd shooter » 07 04, 2017 •  [Post 9]

my friend I had hoped would draw a tag for 41, didn't draw one so I'm on my own, that stinks, I'm worried nope
Scorpyd shooter
Rank: Calf
 
Posts: 68
Joined: 03 02, 2017

Re: new hunter

Postby Roosiebull » 07 04, 2017 •  [Post 10]

Scorpyd shooter wrote:my friend I had hoped would draw a tag for 41, didn't draw one so I'm on my own, that stinks, I'm worried nope

Welcome, and really look forward to hearing about your hunt!
User avatar
Roosiebull
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: 02 27, 2017


cron