Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips
 

Calling Practice?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Calling Practice?

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 02, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Well, who's torturing their dogs, spouses, cats, ferrets, etc with their pursuit to improve their elk sounds? Just like anything, it takes practice to be able to throw out a believable sound when it matters the most. R U cats practicing your elk sound do re mi's?
User avatar
WapitiTalk1
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: 06 10, 2012
Location: WA State
First Name: RJ

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby saddlesore » 07 02, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I do it the 5 hours I am driving to elk camp
User avatar
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics
 
Posts: 2238
Joined: 11 07, 2015
Location: Colorado Springs,CO

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby jmorr » 07 02, 2017 •  [Post 3]

To and from work everyday so I don't drive the wife crazy.
jmorr
Rank: New User
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 06, 2017

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby ishy » 07 03, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I've been banned from in the house practice for years.
User avatar
ishy
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 1062
Joined: 08 18, 2013
First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby Swede » 07 03, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I can practice in the basement if I like. I guess I should get started soon.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics
 
Posts: 10759
Joined: 06 16, 2012

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby Elkhunttoo » 07 03, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Honestly I don't practice that much anymore. Last year I did more practicing then I have in years. I think I have had a call in my mouth once or twice since last season but that is about it. I will probably do some late in August when I'm getting my stuff all together and ready
Elkhunttoo
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 1502
Joined: 05 23, 2016

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby Wapiti » 07 03, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Yup all year round. Just for fun and I like trying different things !!
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
http://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com
User avatar
Wapiti
Site Sponsor
 
Posts: 510
Joined: 11 09, 2012
Location: Grande Prairie AB
First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby Grousewit » 07 04, 2017 •  [Post 8]

If u guys want different elk sounds to try check out the videos at "ELK COUNTRY VISITORS CENTER". There are a bunch of elk bugling videos on there.
62 yr old Hunter/Trapper/Shooter
Grousewit
Rank: Spike
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 03 06, 2017
Location: Central PA

Re: Calling Practice?

Postby Grousewit » 07 04, 2017 •  [Post 9]

saddlesore wrote:I do it the 5 hours I am driving to elk camp

And your still in Colorado?
62 yr old Hunter/Trapper/Shooter
Grousewit
Rank: Spike
 
Posts: 121
Joined: 03 06, 2017
Location: Central PA


cron