Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips
 

shut off your electronics

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

shut off your electronics

Postby Lefty » 09 03, 2014 •  [Post 1]

The neighbor kid was putting the stalk on some elk that bedded for an easy shot. The kid said everything was perfect, wind, great cover, going to be an easy stalk and shot .
His Uncle sent "all call" on this radio instead of a selected channel,.. His radio made an alert call/tone and the elk just 60 yards away sort of trotted off.

I turn the sound off on my camera and my phone is off and in airplane mode
User avatar
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: 06 25, 2012
Location: Pocatello Idaho
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: shut off your electronics

Postby mjblowers » 09 03, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Opening night I stumbled on a Cow/spike/calf. I was at full draw waiting for it to poke around the bush. At that moment my watch alarm went off. For some stupid reason it's set to something like 8:17 PM and has been for a year and I've never taken the time to figure out how to turn it off........
mjblowers
Rank: Spike
 
Posts: 106
Joined: 08 08, 2013
First Name: Mike
Last Name: B

Re: shut off your electronics

Postby zpd307 » 09 03, 2014 •  [Post 3]

I turn my phone on to airplane mode. there is no service and it quickly kills the battery. I bring it to take pics and vids..
User avatar
zpd307
Rank: An Elk Nut
 
Posts: 969
Joined: 02 16, 2014
Location: zumbrota, mn
First Name: gary
Last Name: s