Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

The New 2015 Chuckler Bugles HAVE ARRIVED! Photos!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

The New 2015 Chuckler Bugles HAVE ARRIVED! Photos!

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 09, 2014 •  [Post 1]

Folks, it's been 10 years in the coming with tons of Proto Types that we've had over the years. We finally have it dialed in & it's like no other Bugle on the market today! After tons of various recipes many which have worked flawlessly over the years we've finally came up with the one that separates itself from all other Elk Bugles, it's in the injection mold state at this time! Personally I cannot wait for the finished product as I've passionately poured my heart into this Bugle. It's sound quality should be 2nd to none with a variety of features that flat work! It should be available end of Feb.

Let me share a few points about it & it's unique design but with simple qualities with no moving parts, it's one solid unit built to last a lifetime! When I explain its features you'll wonder why no one has come up with this deign before, I know I sure did! Maybe it just took a crazed elknut! (grin)

Features!

This New Chuckler Bugle is 19" long & a 3-1/4" barrel, it will weigh in at aprox 7.5-0z. -- It has a wall thickness thicker than any Bugle out there today for superior strength & resonance for those tough on equipment & looking for realistic tones. It will have two Tone Dampeners made of 1/8" thick x 5/8" wide Silicone. (rot proof) These will control any plastic vibration that can happen when guys are giving heavy bull Challenges & Lip Bawls as well as hold the camo cover securely in place, they will be flush with the barrel as they are set in a grooved out slot. The 1st will be 2" from end of barrel/exhaust end, the 2nd dampener will be 5" away from that one right where the main barrel starts to cone down, these spots chosen for the dampeners are very important for sound quality & control they are not randomly selected. In that 5" space between tone dampeners is where our ElkNuts Chuckler name & logo will be in an oval shape, sweet!! The Mouth opening is a very important 1-1/4" sized opening, it will allow for great Challenges & Lip Bawls without lower lip interference, this is a deal breaker when ones lower lip chatters against too small of an opening disrupting your Bugles. There will be a 3rd Silicone band where camo cover meets the mouth piece to secure slippage at that end. The mouth piece will be coke bottle shaped with no sharp edges This camo cover will fit like a pair of skinny jeans! (grin)

The inside of this Chuckler Bugle will be molded like the inside of a vacuum cleaner hose, it is not smooth walled! We are having the rippled/spiraled corrugation to slow down the air given by the caller to allow it trap the sound inside a hair longer for better resonance giving those more realistic bull tones, from big bulls to small bulls, it's the callers choice! ---- This corrugation simulates what a bulls throat really looks like!---- That is flat out slick guys! This one feature alone will separate itself from all others! When you add all this up it comes down to one fine Bugle without a doubt! I have a proto type for the most part & love it! With the corrugation inside & the wall thickness you can see why this Bugle will be incredibly strong! This Bugle will help you to sound better than you really are!

This bugle can now be Pre-Ordered at elknut.com -- It can also be sent as a Gift via a Gift Certificate, the Introductory price will be 29.95 with free shipping on their arrival!

Here's a 3D link to see it in it's raw state! You can pivot it in any angle & look down the throat from either end, the ElkNut.com is molded twice in front of exposed barrel.
http://www.3dvieweronline.com/share/Ebk ... nyvrX9o4Es

What are your thoughts! Thanks!

ElkNut1
Attachments
Chuckler Bugle 1.png
Chuckler Bugle 1.png (75.31 KiB) Viewed 77328 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: The New 2015 Chuckler Bugle!!

Postby dreamhunter » 12 09, 2014 •  [Post 2]

Just placed my order. Heck I might not even take a bow next time.I will just use my trusty New bugle,call em in and they can fall over dead right in front of me. ( lol ) Really though I'm excited to get it and start practicing with it. As far as my buddies on this item,well they will just have to see it first and hear it and ask where I got it. Of course I will tell them and they can order their own.Is that to selfish,should I tell them about it and promote it now so they can possibly have an even better hunt next fall. You know that's what i will do.I will be emailing my buddies tonight and tomorrow and sending them here to read about it,see it and hopefully order it.
dreamhunter

First Name: Holly
Last Name: Paugh

Postby msd1228 » 12 09, 2014 •  [Post 3]

Good stuff Paul - the inside corrugation is huge. Looking forward to checking it out!
msd1228

First Name: Shane

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 4]

Shane, yes it has many variables to the Bugle, the wall thickness & corrugation are its biggest assets! Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Rangerz » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 5]

Looks great Paul.

What are you planning to use as a Camo cover?

Optional Camo covers a possibility?

Thanks, Chris
Rangerz

First Name: Chris
Last Name: Poole

Postby huntalittle » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 6]

So now I have a question. I just ordered the chuckler xtr package during the black Friday event with my dvd's and now there is a new version. Should I get the new version instead? This will be my first bugle and I have minimal cow calling experience. Will one be easier to use than the other or what do you recommend? The other just showed up in the mail and is going to be wrapped up for Christmas for me (wife lets me buy my gifts but still wraps them up....we have young kids, etc) but if the new version would be better I would look at a return and wait for the new one? I ordered the xtr version to see if the external reed worked better for me or if I could learn without it. Doesn't look like the new one has that feature or will it?
Looking for some guidance!
huntalittle

Last Name: P

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 7]

There will not be optional camo covers, there will be one cover that will sport this line of Chuckler Bugles, it will be a cover with all elk on it! Very nice touch!

Hunt-- you may want to stay with the Bugle you have now as it has the XTR Mouthpiece on it, the New Chuckler does not have that option at this time but we are working on it so that it will come both ways. It will eventually come in both models! Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 8]

Sweet! Heading to the store to get mine pre-ordered now. I like everything about this new tube and can't wait to make some sweet elky noises with the new bugle. Is it September yet? 8-)
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby huntalittle » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 9]

Thanks elknut. That's what I will do and then once I have which works better for me I can upgrade!!!
So looking forward to learning a decent bugle. Not sure how much my wife will like it but Christmas break ice fishing trips that dvd player will be playing your new dvds over and over! I wonder if it calls in walleyes?

Thanks for your quick response!
huntalittle

Last Name: P

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 10]

LOL! Let us know how it does on those Walleyes? Maybe a whole new market! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby otcWill » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 11]

Looks great, Paul! Only thing missing is an amplifier for my voice bugles (wink). I look forward to trying it in 2015
otcWill

Postby Wapiti » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 12]

Hey Paul,

I am so excited for you as I know what this means to you guys !! There truly is no better feeling than having your own line after years of wishing and wanting it. You will be at a all new level when you set foot into your elk country armed with your vary own creations !! Then when you have a bull scream back at you...........Well I can see the smile already !!!

I can honestly say I love everything about this bugle tube !!! The mouth piece and the corrugation should make for some very nice sounds.

Congrats on a great job.

Trav
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
http://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 13]

Will, ha ha I could use an amplifier too! I love this bugle but it won't replace my voice sounds! (grin) Thanks!

Travis, thanks, you are correct, hearing bulls sound off from ones own handiwork is very satisfying! You know that as well as anyone! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Rizzy » 12 10, 2014 •  [Post 14]

Paul that design looks great! I bet the thick walls and corrugation make a lot more of a biologic sound. Injection molded has to be a lot lighter than carrying around ABS :)
Rizzy

First Name: Ron
Last Name: Wright

Postby Indian Summer » 12 11, 2014 •  [Post 15]

Is this like a car dealership where I can trade in my old high mileage model? :D
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 11, 2014 •  [Post 16]

Ron, yes, there's a fine line from to thin a wall to too thick a wall, a balance is needed so we don't go too far one way or the other. This new Chuckler has the right ingredients & will be around a while!

Joe, heh you never know!! (grin) Better yet pass your old one on to a new elk hunter & help them out! Everyone has to start somewhere! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Indian Summer » 12 11, 2014 •  [Post 17]

I'll never give that up!

Never hurts to have a back up and I love that thing anyway. It has sentimental value too. My biggest bull committed suicide when he heard it.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby chipick » 12 13, 2014 •  [Post 18]

I'm new here and have been looking for a good tube at a decent price, I orderd mine can't wait until March to start playing with it.
chipick

Postby Bow4me » 12 15, 2014 •  [Post 19]

Elknut I'm going to try to transition to the mouth call and tube this year so would this be the tube for me? Or should I try the XT first?
Bow4me

First Name: Tod
Last Name: Holland

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 15, 2014 •  [Post 20]

Tod, it sounds like you have an external bugle at present? If so you can fall back to that one if need be, however mouth reed use is definitely the best way to learn & call with. One thing with the New Chuckler Bugle coming out is it is going to have an external mouth piece that will slide into this new bugle so you will be good to go even if you're not comfortable with your mouth reed attempts! It will allow for either option so go ahead & pick up the new Chuckler! Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 15, 2014 •  [Post 21]

Chip, thanks & welcome to the Forum!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Bow4me » 12 16, 2014 •  [Post 22]

I'm on it. With that and the new video bulls beware. Thanks Paul.
Bow4me

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 17, 2014 •  [Post 23]

LOL! That's the spirit sir! Confidence & practice will breed success! Thanks.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Fridaythe13th » 12 19, 2014 •  [Post 24]

Couple of question. does it have a lanyard??? or what the best way to carry it when it crunch time. Forgive me but the bugle I have I paid a buck for it at a local sport shop the had a clearance rack it works, but not that great. What is the difference between the 14 chuckler to the 15 chucker, I here nothing but good thing about the "old" bugle. and the big question how long does the introductory price of 29.95 with free shipping go to. Christmas has my cash

Thanks Paul
Eric
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 20, 2014 •  [Post 25]

Eric, yes it comes with a lanyard, it is paracord material so it's very strong & durable. Once lanyard is secured to both ends of the bugle it can be tossed over ones neck & over your pack or put inside a compression strap or in a side cylinder pocket for one hand removal. There's several options, play with it a bit & you'll see what works best for you.

The 2014 Chuckler has a 2-1/4" barrel. The new 2015 Chuckler has a 3-1/4" barrel with our new design, big difference in resonance & sound quality. This is the bugle to have unless you like a smaller profile bugle. Both will call elk no problem with the larger being most hunters preference. Right now though the 2014 is the only one coming with the XTR or external reed built on mouth piece!

The Special price is in effect with free shipping until it arrives sometime in late Feb, -- Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Fridaythe13th » 12 20, 2014 •  [Post 26]

Thank you paul
Fridaythe13th

Postby Rangerz » 12 21, 2014 •  [Post 27]

I ordered one today. Really like the idea of the rib construction. Reminds me of the old school radiator hoses guys use to use.
Rangerz

Last Name: Poole

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 22, 2014 •  [Post 28]

Chris, thanks! Yes, the grooves on the inside actually represent an elks throat/esophagus. It's just something a bit unique along with the thicker walls that will attribute to its quality of sound. Too, with the double tone dampeners it will have a better base to it for those that have a tough time with grunts & chuckles, thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby elkoholic » 12 23, 2014 •  [Post 29]

Paul,
How long will you be taking pre-orders with the free shipping? Is there a deadline? Funds are a little tight for me, had back sure very a couple weeks ago and won't be able to return to work until mid January. So until then I'm collecting my short term disability.
Love the design and that is made by an elk caller for an elk caller. I need one!!
elkoholic

First Name: Chewy
Last Name: Swatzell

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 24, 2014 •  [Post 30]

Hey, no sweat! The offer stands until they arrive here! It will not be before end of Feb. Don't struggle with getting one, make sure you take care of yourself & your family first, I'll make sure you get one, thanks bud & take care of that back!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby elkoholic » 12 25, 2014 •  [Post 31]

Thanks Paul I appreciate that. That's my number one priority is to heal up and take care of my family. I will be ready for another elk season, this year with no pain. Thanks again. Happy Holidays
elkoholic

First Name: Chewy
Last Name: Swatzell

Postby Fridaythe13th » 01 23, 2015 •  [Post 32]

Just order the new chuckler and the a mellow yellow I hope that is a good combination for this fall. It's got to be better than my $1 bugle call.
Fridaythe13th

Postby razorback » 01 26, 2015 •  [Post 33]

Friday that was my exact order too. I had a bunch of homemade bugles I had been playing with. My wife will be so happy. I can throw away all of my hoses and bats AND she can listen to my new bugle tube. Too bad I won't have it for Valentine's Day! That would make for such a romantic evening for her :lol:
"Never quit. It is the easist cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit"-Bear Bryant
razorback

First Name: Steven
Last Name: Burch

Postby 2011bullyelk » 02 02, 2015 •  [Post 34]

Got mine ordered today along with a set of Viper 10x42's :D :D :D The second job is paying off already ;)
2011bullyelk

First Name: Jim
Last Name: Chatterton

Postby Freebird134 » 02 15, 2015 •  [Post 35]

Ok Paul, I'm blaming you when my wife goes "Why is there a 29.99 charge on our debit card to Elknut?"

Actually, by now she probably won't even ask.... just shake here head... :)

Looking forward to the new Chuckler!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Freebird134 » 02 16, 2015 •  [Post 36]

For the record, about 5 minutes ago I had to explain the charge to "elknut" on our debit card....
Freebird134

Postby ElkNut1 » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 37]

Ha Ha, so how did it go, details! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Fridaythe13th » 02 17, 2015 •  [Post 38]

Freebird134 wrote:For the record, about 5 minutes ago I had to explain the charge to "elknut" on our debit card....

Your not as free as your name Freebird or at least not to the wife. :lol: Me either...
Fridaythe13th

Postby Freebird134 » 02 18, 2015 •  [Post 39]

It went fine. She's pretty understanding when it comes to hunting gear (within reason).

It went something like this:

Wife: "what is this charge to Elknut for?"
Me: "I preordered Elknut's new bugle. I got a discount and free shipping by ordering now" (with emphasis on saving money)
Wife: :roll: *eye roll*
Freebird134

Postby bowelk9 » 02 26, 2015 •  [Post 40]

sounds good.
bowelk9

Postby ohio boy » 02 26, 2015 •  [Post 41]

Well i got the new bugle ordered tonite. Hopefully i have enough time before season to practice and try to sound like an elk!!!
ohio boy

Postby Freebird134 » 02 26, 2015 •  [Post 42]

When does this thing ship???? Eagerly waiting.....
Freebird134

Postby ElkNut1 » 02 27, 2015 •  [Post 43]

Thanks guys!

Still awaiting the Proto type to ship to me for inspection, at that time I will have to approve of it or make any last minute changes before the bulk of them are made! I should be receiving mine within 2 weeks. If all looks good I will do a demo with it. Once approved it still takes several weeks to make & package them. It will still be Spring sometime! Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Wondermutt » 03 01, 2015 •  [Post 44]

Hi Paul. Dumb question but will your XTR reeds be a field swap or are they a permanent deal?

Thanks

WM
Wondermutt

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 01, 2015 •  [Post 45]

WM, I do not understand the question? Can you be more specific, thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Freebird134 » 03 01, 2015 •  [Post 46]

ElkNut1 wrote:WM, I do not understand the question? Can you be more specific, thanks!

ElkNut1

Paul,
I think he's asking if you can pull the xtr out or put it easily (in the field). Pretty sure they answer is "yes"
Freebird134

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 01, 2015 •  [Post 47]

The Chuckler XTR Bugle that we have at present is one that can easily be used with the external bite & blow type reed or it can be removed & mouth reeds can be used.

If asking will the present XTR mouthpiece fit our new 2015 model coming out the answer is no. In time it will have its own XTR mouthpiece. Thanks.

ElKNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby chipick » 03 08, 2015 •  [Post 48]

How's it lookin for the new bugle tubes, any news there Paul
chipick

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 09, 2015 •  [Post 49]

I'm supposed to be receiving the Proto Type here any day! Fingers crossed! Thanks for asking!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 20, 2015 •  [Post 50]

Well, the New Chuckler was coming along well but somehow the specs by the mold maker was a bit off. Bugle looks sweet but flat spacing spots were wrong! Grrr!

ElkNut
Attachments
IMG_0966.JPG
IMG_0966.JPG (88.53 KiB) Viewed 75839 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby rowdycwby1 » 03 20, 2015 •  [Post 51]

Does it sound good or does its need to be remade?
rowdycwby1

First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Arreola

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 20, 2015 •  [Post 52]

I don't have one in hand yet! They sent me the photo showing their mistake. I do want to try it as is though so am awaiting it! I have no doubt it will sound great as it is. Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby DBLGBL » 03 20, 2015 •  [Post 53]

Elknut,

Everyday I look for a package when I get home. You are killing me :D

2gbl
DBLGBL

Postby Bow4me » 03 21, 2015 •  [Post 54]

DBLGBL wrote:Elknut,

Everyday I look for a package when I get home. You are killing me :D

2gbl

I'll second that. I'm ready to get to practicing.
Bow4me

Postby Fridaythe13th » 03 23, 2015 •  [Post 55]

Bow4me wrote:Everyday I look for a package when I get home. You are killing me

X3 I'm not going to start to practice any of my calls till on lands on my door step. Just kidding I start back to work on Monday. 40 min. a day of practice on the drive to and from work. Keeps my wife happy
Fridaythe13th

Postby chipick » 03 26, 2015 •  [Post 56]

Those mould guys are killing us All
chipick

Postby poisonarrow » 03 29, 2015 •  [Post 57]

I hope you have better luck with your molds than I did. They said it would take six weeks to make. Ended up taking five months.
poisonarrow

First Name: James
Last Name: Jantzen

Postby ElkNut1 » 03 29, 2015 •  [Post 58]

James, not much better luck at all, it's been 4 months already! (grin) My fingers are crossed that things start happening much quicker from here on out! Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 03, 2015 •  [Post 59]

Update! Tracking # shows the New Chuckler Prototype will be in my hands Monday!!!! Sweet!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby dreamhunter » 04 03, 2015 •  [Post 60]

BIG BUGLE !!!!!!!!!! YeHaw!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it.
dreamhunter

Postby Trophyhill » 04 06, 2015 •  [Post 61]

Any word yet?
Certified Elk Junky
Trophyhill

First Name: David
Last Name: B

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 06, 2015 •  [Post 62]

It just showed!!! I'm afraid to open it! :lol: :lol:

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Bow4me » 04 06, 2015 •  [Post 63]

Don't leave us in suspense!
Bow4me

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 06, 2015 •  [Post 64]

The Bugle sounds very good but still needs a few minor imperfections taken care of! I will talk with the company tomorrow about them! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby dreamhunter » 04 06, 2015 •  [Post 65]

Paul your the best. Your gonna make sure that bugle is perfect. I think we are gonna have such great results with it.
dreamhunter

Postby Bow4me » 04 07, 2015 •  [Post 66]

Just so you know patients isn't one of my virtues!
Bow4me

Postby Trophyhill » 04 07, 2015 •  [Post 67]

Can't wait for the finish product. We'll be standing by ;)
Certified Elk Junky
Trophyhill

Postby Hornhunter » 04 13, 2015 •  [Post 68]

Really excited to get my hands on one. What camo pattern is the cover gonna be ?
Hornhunter Packs Pro Staff
Hornhunter

Postby vertical limit » 04 14, 2015 •  [Post 69]

I ordered mine last Thursday. Hopefully it will be available here real soon. I REALLY need to practice calling haha.
vertical limit

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 22, 2015 •  [Post 70]

Yes, I too am anticipating the correct one! (grin) The camo pattern is a cover that is all ELK! Very cool & unique! I'll try to get a photo of the covers!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby nrocchio » 04 22, 2015 •  [Post 71]

I am glad I finally logged back in to the forum, I will be placing an order for sure!
nrocchio

First Name: Nick
Last Name: R.

Postby Tigger » 04 23, 2015 •  [Post 72]

Any estimate on when they might be ready for consumers? I know there are things out of your control, but was wondering if you had a guess. I don't have any tube and need to start practicing pretty soon. If you are thinking mid to late summer I might have to figure something out.
Tigger

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 24, 2015 •  [Post 73]

We are still looking for them in May sometime, I'm doing my darnedest to get them here! (grin) Glad to see so many as excited as I am to have the project completed! Thanks all!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Tigger » 04 24, 2015 •  [Post 74]

Thanks. Yep, I am excited to get it, but realize you have to get it to meet your specs first. Don't rush it! Thanks for the update. :D
Tigger

Postby dreamhunter » 04 24, 2015 •  [Post 75]

Boy just wait until we get em. It's gonna sounds like there are herds of elk all over the country. We are gonna cause a disturbance,lol.
dreamhunter

Postby dreamhunter » 05 07, 2015 •  [Post 76]

Any new news on the home front elknut bout that bugle
dreamhunter

Postby Freebird134 » 05 10, 2015 •  [Post 77]

Paul: what's the ETA of the bugles? I need to start practicing! :)
Freebird134

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 11, 2015 •  [Post 78]

End of this month we are expecting a partial shipment, it should cover all the Pre-orders! Thanks everyone, photos coming soon, it looks awesome!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Njdiverdan » 05 12, 2015 •  [Post 79]

That's great news! Thanks Paul
Njdiverdan

First Name: Dan
Last Name: Smith

Postby vertical limit » 05 12, 2015 •  [Post 80]

Can't wait to get it and keep practicing. Thanks for the update.
vertical limit

Postby Bow4me » 05 13, 2015 •  [Post 81]

Awesome! Can't wait. Everyone get ready for the onslaught of stupid calling questions.
Bow4me

Postby Tigger » 05 13, 2015 •  [Post 82]

I will volunteer to ask the stupidest question! Might as well volunteer as I will undoubtedly do it anyway. I just hope I know which end to blow in..... :o
Tigger

Postby IdahoKel » 05 13, 2015 •  [Post 83]

Can't wait to try it out!!
IdahoKel

First Name: Kel

Postby kmiller_56 » 05 15, 2015 •  [Post 84]

Paul its great that you area sharing all your knowledge. So appreciate it and can't wait to try out the new bugle!
kmiller_56

Postby RooseveltObsession » 05 15, 2015 •  [Post 85]

Photos???
RooseveltObsession

First Name: Paul

Postby aron » 05 16, 2015 •  [Post 86]

I just preordered one as well. Now tell those mold makers to hurry up. They are always late.
aron

First Name: Aron

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 16, 2015 •  [Post 87]

OK, here's a link to the photo of the right Chuckler Bugle! The camo sleeve on it is just for photo purposes, it's not the one we are using! Note the two spots on the raw Bugle where tone dampeners will ride! This is going to be a nice bugle that sounds great & has the "cool" factor! (grin) Also here's the logo going on the bugle sleeve, it will fit on the outside between the two tone dampeners!

ElkNut1
Attachments
Chuckler-Logo.jpg
Chuckler-Logo.jpg (18.02 KiB) Viewed 74601 times
2015 Chuckler.jpg
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: The New 2015 Chuckler Bugle!! UPDATED PHOTOS"

Postby msd1228 » 05 16, 2015 •  [Post 88]

Looks great Paul. Again, hugely interested to see how the corrugation works out. I was so surprised when you announced that the bugle would be built that way as I had been actively wondering how a fully corrugated tube would sound because my competition tubes have a bit of corrugation as well and I always felt that it improved the back pressure on the tube. I've got a hunch that pitch control on this tube will be very, very easy.
msd1228

First Name: Shane

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 18, 2015 •  [Post 89]

Shane, thank you! Yes I too am excited about this bugle & its design, I like more the wall thickness, it should be loud when needed & with the design should help a reed break over fairly easy. Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Wapiti » 05 19, 2015 •  [Post 90]

Looking really good Paul ! I'm glad they finally got the bugle tube correct this time and I got to say it looks amazing !! It looks like it's really coming together and I also really like the Elknut dampeners. They really add a lot to the look as well as they will stop any plastic sounds.

Looking forward to hearing your first impressions on the sounds once you've had time to play with it a bit.

Trav
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

Postby chiledog » 05 20, 2015 •  [Post 91]

Hey Paul, The photos of the new Chuckler gives me goose bumps all over. Looks really great.
This may be asking too much, but --- If you have just one in your hands, it would be great to have a video (like today or sooner) of you using it so we can all hear how sweet it is. :shock:
Alert!! It may make us even more anxious.
Just saying.
Tim
chiledog

First Name: Tim
Last Name: Marcy

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 20, 2015 •  [Post 92]

Thanks guys! Seriously, I do not have the one pictured above, as soon as I do I'll demo a few sounds with it, Thanks! I too am anxiously awaiting it! :D

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby BaldBeaver » 05 25, 2015 •  [Post 93]

Paul, Any idea on when those bugles for those of us that pre-ordered will ship. Sorry if I seem anxious. 3 months till the hunt, need to start practicing and knocking the rust off.

~Jay
BaldBeaver

First Name: Jason
Last Name: Peterson

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 26, 2015 •  [Post 94]

Jay, working on getting a portion of them to fill the Pre-orders now! I sure appreciate everyones patience as it's sure taking longer than we anticipated!
They're coming! You'll be bothering the wives, girlfriends, kids, dogs & neighbors before you know it! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby dreamhunter » 05 27, 2015 •  [Post 95]

Sounds great, I'm ready to receive mine.
dreamhunter

Postby Wapiti » 05 27, 2015 •  [Post 96]

Hey fellas start practicing your calls now. You don't need a tube to practice on. Then when the tubes come in you'll be screaming like a herd bull !!
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

Postby dreamhunter » 06 02, 2015 •  [Post 97]

We need an update please,anxious here.lol
dreamhunter

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 03, 2015 •  [Post 98]

Great news! We finally have shipping times! The New Chucklers are shipping out to us next Thursday & Friday, we will receive them a few days later on Wednesday! Wahooooo! Everyone who Pre-Ordered will receive theirs first! Thanks for your tested patience! We are receiving the first batch then with more to follow so we can get them shipped out to all the Pre-Orders!

We will still have extras to go around but not many so if you've been holding back awaiting their arrival you'd best get one that is still available, the remaining ones are still being assembled & will get here mid July! Not bad!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby twinkieman » 06 03, 2015 •  [Post 99]

Awesome, Paul !!!! I'm sure that it will perform , and can't wait to try it outg :D
twinkieman

First Name: marc
Last Name: anderson

Postby bowhunter04 » 06 03, 2015 •  [Post 100]

Awesome! Can't wait to get my hands on it Paul!
bowhunter04

First Name: Jeremy
Last Name: Fischer

Postby chipick » 06 03, 2015 •  [Post 101]

Waiting for this bugle reminds me of when I was 5 years old waiting for mail order Lego's,to come. Except I would forget about the Lego's till they showed up. :)
chipick

Postby kmiller_56 » 06 04, 2015 •  [Post 102]

Let the ELK GAMES begin! Great news! :mrgreen:
kmiller_56

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 05, 2015 •  [Post 103]

Yes, let the games begin! (grin) Still plenty of time to get some serious practice in! The New Chucklers will be here June 18th! Sweet!!!! :D

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby dreamhunter » 06 05, 2015 •  [Post 104]

I hope to see mine June 19th
dreamhunter

Postby Freebird134 » 06 08, 2015 •  [Post 105]

dreamhunter wrote:I hope to see mine June 19th

I hope to see mine!

Paul, in all seriousness, I preordered my bugle months ago but am now moving at the end of July. Will I have the bugle in the next couple weeks? If not, how do I go about updating my address so the bugle is sent to the right place?
Freebird134

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 09, 2015 •  [Post 106]

Everyone who has Pre-Ordered should have their Bugles before end of June so you should be OK Brandon, thanks all!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby eltaco » 06 10, 2015 •  [Post 107]

Paul, its been a while since I've found myself around these parts... no wonder I had the urge to check in tonight!

I'm pretty proud of my trusty whiffle ball bat, and your dimensions seem to lay right on top of the one I've found preference in... but with some added features which have me intrigued. If it sounds better than my trusty rutting bull coaxer, then surely I must get one on order. I have legal rights to an AZ bull this Fall, and would certainly love to introduce them to a bugle they've never heard before!

Would I be in line for june delivery if I were to order today?

Good on you for producing this!
eltaco

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 11, 2015 •  [Post 108]

Hey long time no see bud! Yes, we have Bugles still available from our original shipment showing up next week, you still have time to pick one up! Hope to see you around a bit more with elk season approaching! (grin) Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby idahoghost » 06 18, 2015 •  [Post 109]

Please autograph mine.
idahoghost

First Name: Larry
Last Name: Hill

Postby Fridaythe13th » 06 19, 2015 •  [Post 110]

autograph mine also, great idea Larry. :lol:
Fridaythe13th

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 19, 2015 •  [Post 111]

Will do guys! Hope I can remember! :lol:

Breaking News!!!!!!! The Bugles shipped to us yesterday!!!!!!!! We'll have them midweek, FINALLY!!!! All Pre-Orders will ship first! Thanks for all your patience!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bowhunter04 » 06 19, 2015 •  [Post 112]

Awesome! Can't wait!
bowhunter04

Postby dreamhunter » 06 19, 2015 •  [Post 113]

While you have the sharpie out might as well sign mine too please,thanks.
dreamhunter

Postby Freebird134 » 06 21, 2015 •  [Post 114]

You don't need to autograph mine, but maybe write down the coordinates to a couple Bulls for this sept :)
Freebird134

Postby kmiller_56 » 06 22, 2015 •  [Post 115]

Really Paul is signing the new Chucklers! That is great count me in on that move for sure. :lol:
kmiller_56

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 116]

I'll try to sign on them where I can for those requested, thanks!

The BUGLES HAVE ARRIVED!!!! They are shipping out all this week, many will have them this week & early next week, they look & sound great! I'll post a photo when I have a minute! Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
Attachments
DSCN2617.JPG
DSCN2618.JPG
DSCN2618.JPG (96.69 KiB) Viewed 72973 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: The New 2015 Chuckler Bugles HAVE ARRIVED! Photos!

Postby razorback » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 117]

SHARP!
"Never quit. It is the easist cop-out in the world. Set a goal and don't quit until you attain it. When you do attain it, set another goal, and don't quit until you reach it. Never quit"-Bear Bryant
razorback

First Name: Steven
Last Name: Burch

Postby chevellenut » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 118]

i say if you can, sign them all!!! that would be great!!
chevellenut

First Name: don
Last Name: deitz

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 119]

Now that's a handsome looking elk tool mister! Betcha they sound even better than they look.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Bow4me » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 120]

Awesome!
Bow4me

Postby bowhunter04 » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 121]

They look great. I can't wait to hear what they sound like.
bowhunter04

Postby vertical limit » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 122]

Wonderful!! Can't wait to get mine!!
vertical limit

Postby dreamhunter » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 123]

You are the elks bugle Paul. Very nice looking bugle. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to excellence. Now sign mine and get it in the mail,lol.
dreamhunter

Postby chipick » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 124]

It's no joke they are on there way I just checked and mine shipped it looks like, I checked the tracking number I think I'll have it by this weekend. This is going to be sweet, with the salmon and steedhead running the Columbia river, I got something to do while sitting on the bank waiting for a hit. I feel for the other guys on the bank. :lol:
chipick

Postby Wapiti » 06 23, 2015 •  [Post 125]

Paul,

Your bugle tubes turned out great !!

Congrats bud !!

Trav
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 24, 2015 •  [Post 126]

Guys, thanks & yes they are on their way!! Many will receive theirs this week! The Bugles will go out in several waves as there are so many to ship out. All will ship this week though so hang in there! (grin)

Dreamhunter, you were the first to purchase the New Chuckler! Yes it is signed for you, thanks a bunch!

Many will receive emails with Tracking #, thanks again!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby dreamhunter » 06 24, 2015 •  [Post 127]

AWESOME ! AWESOME ! I can't wait. I will be looking for it.
dreamhunter

Postby twinkieman » 06 24, 2015 •  [Post 128]

I received an E-mail last night, mine shipped yesterday, should be making sounds with it on Friday :D
twinkieman

Postby Freebird134 » 06 24, 2015 •  [Post 129]

I was excited to get my notification email today! Great looking bugle Paul. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
Freebird134

Postby dreamhunter » 06 25, 2015 •  [Post 130]

Mine just left Wichita and is headed to my post office. I will have it tomorrow. I'm gonna buy my wife some flowers and ear plugs to go along with my bugle. lol
dreamhunter

Postby wapitibowman » 06 25, 2015 •  [Post 131]

Got my bugle today and it is AWESOME!!! Very loud bugle, hits a great high note. Sounds are clear and doesn't sound like plastic tubing.

Paul - you really hit a home run with this one. The camo cover is really cool too!!!

Wapitibowman
wapitibowman

First Name: R
Last Name: E

Postby eltaco » 06 26, 2015 •  [Post 132]

I probably need to place an order on one of these; looks really good!

I like the elk camo!!!

That said, I draw my line at 3 product logos per bugle tube, any way to remove that decal?! :)
eltaco

Postby Hawkeye » 06 26, 2015 •  [Post 133]

Just got mine in the mail. Good quality, I just need practice!
Hawkeye

Postby Ben Nicholson » 06 26, 2015 •  [Post 134]

I got mine today. It's fantastic! Well worth the wait!

-Ben
Ben Nicholson

Postby dreamhunter » 06 26, 2015 •  [Post 135]

Got mine today. Opened the box and haven't had a chance to test it out. I'm going too here before it gets dark though. It's a very nice product,well built and designed. You did good elknut.
dreamhunter

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 26, 2015 •  [Post 136]

Thanks everyone! It's a solid Bugle for sure, I absolutely am very happy with the sounds I'm getting out of it plus it's sweet looking! What other bugle has a camo cover with all elk on it! (grin) It's our own unique design! Maybe we should make camo clothing out of it! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 27, 2015 •  [Post 137]

Eltaco, the silicone tone dampeners with the red ElkNut name can be reversed & they are solid black on that side! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bowhunter15 » 06 27, 2015 •  [Post 138]

Paul, coming from someone who's never used a bugle before, what are the main differences between this call and something that's built like a big slinky that you can stretch in and out? I assume there is a reason for a fixed length call that is large in comparison. Is it all for more natural sounding tones? Better volume carry? I learned this spring that I can make much better sounds on custom turkey calls designed by hardcore hunters than the mass produced stuff. So I assume the same would probably hold true with elk bugles. Just want to be sure before I make the purchase. Thanks.
bowhunter15

First Name: Garrett
Last Name: Prahl

Postby T.B. » 06 27, 2015 •  [Post 139]

Just got my new bugle today along with a raging bull and mellow yellow diaphragm. It truly is can be ear piercing. Now if I can just convince an elk to like it as much as I do.....really a nice product
T.B.

Postby bowhunter04 » 06 27, 2015 •  [Post 140]

Got my bugle tube today in the mail as well. Sounds great AND looks great too!
bowhunter04

Postby twinkieman » 06 27, 2015 •  [Post 141]

Only one word needs to be said for your bugle Paul, AWESOME. Very loud, great high notes, and the grunts I am able to male are incredible. Far and away the best bugle I have used. Fantastic job Paul :D The bulls will be in more trouble this year!
twinkieman

Postby RooseveltObsession » 06 29, 2015 •  [Post 142]

Awesome bugle! Practiced quite a bit outside this weekend...my neighbors are well aware, that there'a a new herd-bull in town, haha! It looks sharp and the red and black matches my Carbon Spyder too!
RooseveltObsession

First Name: Paul

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 29, 2015 •  [Post 143]

Sounds like my Chuckler was delivered to my rural address today. I'll definitely be seeing how it sounds tonight!
WapitiTalk1

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 30, 2015 •  [Post 144]

Thanks for the reviews guys, it appears to be a hit! (grin) Yes sir the more I play with it the more this thing rocks! (grin)

Rory, better late than never! (grin) Sorry for the delay sir!

Bowhunter15, yes the smaller 1-1/2" vacuum hose type bugles are OK to call with, they are not terrible but they don't have the range in sound quality as some of the larger circumference bugles on the market today. That said I've called in an awful lot of elk with the one like you have but do find sound quality to be easier had with the Chuckler type bugles. Many also feel the same way & this is why they've chosen them as well. Any reed you choose to use will compliment these bugles, there's not just a certain reed that will work, stay with what works best for you! Thanks!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Ridge Ghost » 06 30, 2015 •  [Post 145]

Mine showed up yesterday and I spent a few minutes testing it out. You really hit this one out of the park! I love the sounds I'm getting out of it. The new Chuckler will likely get the nod over my trusty old Bully Bull tube when September rolls around
Ridge Ghost

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Revis

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 01, 2015 •  [Post 146]

Hey Ryan, thanks for the feedback, I know this new Chuckler gets the nod from us as well, it will be pulling in a lot of bulls this year! Good luck sir!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 02, 2015 •  [Post 147]

Made some time to give the new tube it's day in court tonight out in the shop. Sitting by a fan in 94 degree weather, making elk noises, it doesn't get any better than that! Really liking the new tube and gotta say, I think this new tool in my elk kit will reach out farther than any other tube I've owned. I intentionally tried to make as many various bull noises as I could muster up to see how they'd resonate thru the new chuckler and I think this tube is definitely up to the mark! RJ

[ Play Quicktime file ] Elknut's New Tube Break In.m4a [ 658.26 KiB | Viewed 72207 times ]

WapitiTalk1

Postby Wapiti » 07 02, 2015 •  [Post 148]

Great stuff there RJ !! I like to Hear everyone's sounds and I must say your calling has really come along way !! Very well done. The one lipbawl to high note was fantastic. I have one of Paul's Chuckler's on it's way to me as well and I am looking forward to putting it through it's paces !!

Thanks again bud !!

Trav
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

Postby chiledog » 07 02, 2015 •  [Post 149]

Got mine almost a week ago and have been trying it out with a Mellow Yellow momma. VERY nice Paul. Today I did some other bugles and grunts using Raging Bull, The Challenge and The Closer. Really got some great sounds from them all but especially The Closer. Got to work at them all and be prepared. Here in Oregon season starts in 8 weeks. Boorah! Thanks Paul for a GREAT product. Keep them coming. ;)
chiledog

First Name: Tim
Last Name: Marcy

Postby Trophyhill » 07 11, 2015 •  [Post 150]

Got mine today! All my reeds are in my rv 5 hours away:(
Certified Elk Junky
Trophyhill

Postby Trophyhill » 07 14, 2015 •  [Post 151]

Got mine and love it! Well done Paul Medel!
Certified Elk Junky
Trophyhill

Postby 7saum » 07 19, 2015 •  [Post 152]

big improvement over the 2014 Chuckler. Best tube I have used definitely
Growl whistle chuckle mawfaka
7saum

Postby Raghorn_Reaper » 08 04, 2015 •  [Post 153]

Just checking that these are still in stock and ready to go?
Raghorn_Reaper

Postby wolfkiller » 08 04, 2015 •  [Post 154]

Ordered tube yesterday cant wait to try it out, looks awesome Paul. 8-)
wolfkiller

First Name: Trevor
Last Name: A

Postby ElkNut1 » 08 04, 2015 •  [Post 155]

Thanks guys, yes they are in stock but running low! We have the final batch showing up though in two weeks so should be OK even if we run out of these in a week or so. Thanks!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Raghorn_Reaper » 08 04, 2015 •  [Post 156]

Good deal! Just took a chuckler and that Ranger 1000 off of your hands Paul. Thanks again.
Raghorn_Reaper

Postby Raghorn_Reaper » 08 07, 2015 •  [Post 157]

Good lord this bugle is awesome! I am more excited about this bugle than the vortex ranger! Who would have thought i could be so excited about a plastic tube. Get one guys! I already managed to piss off the wife and kids.
Raghorn_Reaper

Postby wolfkiller » 08 13, 2015 •  [Post 158]

So if we take nice field photos this year with our elk and the new 2015 chuckler tube in photo do we get a free elknut sticker paul ? :D
My tube arrived today, cant wait to get home from work next Wednesday and try this bad boy out :D :D :D
wolfkiller

First Name: Trevor
Last Name: A

Postby ElkNut1 » 08 15, 2015 •  [Post 159]

Thanks guys! Glad all are enjoying the Bugle, I personally can't wait to use it on a few bulls myself! (grin) I like the contest idea but with a better prize! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul