Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Early september

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Early september

Postby wawhitey » 08 31, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Well, im heading to alaska just a day after elk opens, and i havent found a buck thats got me excited enough to archery hunt it. So im doing probably the lowest odds hunt i can imagine. Calling cougars in september. Starting tomorrow morning on a mountain down the road from my house. Probably far more likely to call in a bear or some wolves (had a wolf following me up there this spring until i turned around and walked toward it) than a lion, but oh well. Got nothin better to do. I think my odds of getting a cat when theres no snow on the ground are about 1:1000, being generous. Its really just an excuse to be in the mountains. Beats doing projects around the house.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Early september

Postby 7mmfan » 08 31, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Good luck. As you said, better than doing home projects. If you really end up with an abundance of bears let me know, I have the weekend of the 10th set aside to hunt. Maybe I'll just drive through the night Friday and come kill one for you on Saturday.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby wawhitey » 08 31, 2022 •  [Post 3]

7mmfan wrote:Good luck. As you said, better than doing home projects. If you really end up with an abundance of bears let me know, I have the weekend of the 10th set aside to hunt. Maybe I'll just drive through the night Friday and come kill one for you on Saturday.

Theres always an qbundance of bears around here. This year was a lqte start, early end to berry season. But any given year, if you want to head over prime time, im here. No shortage of bears. Hit me up next august if youre feeling froggy
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 09 01, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Unreal, opening day of cougar, and i got another nail in the tire. Happened opening week of bear too.
wawhitey

Postby 7mmfan » 09 01, 2022 •  [Post 5]

They're after you whitey. I'm not sure who "they" are, but they're after you.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan