Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

WapitiTalk1 "Out of Office"

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

WapitiTalk1 "Out of Office"

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 09 09, 2021 •  [Post 1]

I'll be mostly out of cell service starting at some point on Saturday, 11 Elktember for a handful of weeks. Buddy and I will load the quad, bike, gear, trailer on Friday and hit the trail early the following morning. OK, you know the rules when I'm gone. "Follow the forum rules (at least one of the MODs will be watching for shenanigans at all times), no spitting, no swearing, no chewing with your mouth open, no burping, no fiddling with Swede's tree stand, no staying up past 10, and absolutely no driving of my red car". Wishing you all who are hunting elk this month the best of luck! I should be back in the office around the beginning of October. 8-) RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: WapitiTalk1 "Out of Office"

Postby Tigger » 09 09, 2021 •  [Post 2]

Will do boss.

I found a loophole in the rules boys! Let's just wait until he is gone and then the mice will play!

Most of the rules stand as stated.....no spitting, no staying up past 10, no swearing, etc.

Best of luck RJ! Auger one of those beasts and bring him home for dinner! This is YOUR year!
Tigger

Postby GoGriz1234 » 09 10, 2021 •  [Post 3]

Good luck!! Bring home the (elk) bacon!
GoGriz1234

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Marshall

Postby Lefty » 09 10, 2021 •  [Post 4]

I've been in the office since the 30th.
This morning was recovery day, more miles and elevation than we were prepared for.yesterday.

20210910_103312.jpg
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Billy Goat » 09 14, 2021 •  [Post 5]

good luck and aim small miss small while the rest of us run in the house with scissors!

24.5 days to launch for me. :(
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Swede » 09 27, 2021 •  [Post 6]

I am back after a full five weeks out hunting. Nothing or no=one will be sacred or safe here now. I have a lot to share and some questions to run by you, but I am tired. Five weeks in the mountains has worn me out. I got a cow elk on my 74th birthday, September 7th, this season. It seems odd to me, but that was a first. I will talk about it later and post a picture. One of the highlights for my hunt was getting to urinate on a squirrel sitting on a limb below my tree stand. It could not figure out what was happening and got hosed. It may have been the same squirrel that was scolding me for the longest time from an adjacent tree the next day. It was its revenge I guess.
I guess Lefty was telling us the truth when he said he broke the laces for his boots. I see he has gone to moccasins now. Can you remember to put the left moccasin on your left foot or did your wife need to draw a picture on the inside of each moc. for you? :D
Anyway it is good to be back and I look forward to harassing you jerks again.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics