Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Sponsor PROMO Giveaway Contest; Old School Photo Contest!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Sponsor PROMO Giveaway Contest; Old School Photo Contest!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 18, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Ok, courtesy of SKRE Outdoors gear, let’s have a photo contest with only “old school” hunting photos. Way back before cell phones and super compact cameras with SD cards, some of us used old 35MMs, Polaroids, or plastic disposable instamatic cameras to capture hunting memories ;). Let’s see some pics of way back when photos. DTG? Sorry, Army terminology for date time group. Let’s go with pre 1990 for this contest. Yes, you younger cats can use a photo out of your parents or grandparents photo album. I’ll post all the photos after we’ve ran this for a bit and the WT members will vote on them. Up for grabs to the winner is a pair is SKREE gloves. Let’s go!

Sample:
7D03A946-C6F8-4D6A-8D8D-97AEFFCBEDBD.jpeg
7D03A946-C6F8-4D6A-8D8D-97AEFFCBEDBD.jpeg (77.87 KiB) Viewed 5100 times

https://skregear.com/
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Sponsor PROMO Giveaway Contest; Old School Photo Contest

Postby 7mmfan » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 2]

Great contest. I only have a few of my Dad's old photos saved to my computer. I know he has a ton of the actual photos in a big box at their house. Here is one of my favorites though. My Dad, and his two brothers hunting up near Snoqualmie Pass in WA for elk, happened upon some eager camp robbers. I've tried and tried to replicate this over the years, but I guess I just don't have the touch that old Uncle Dan had. My guess is this was taken early 80's. Definitely before I was born.
Attachments
Dan camp robber.jpg
Dan camp robber.jpg (143.57 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Lefty » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 3]

. My wife and I searched around for some of my old pics. and found her pics. I have a lot of dead animal pics,... but just the dead animals. At least my wife is in her pics
1968, He First deer, When I lie about where I hunt its always Dry Creek,,, She actually shot this deer in Dry creek Basin, A real place near Preston Idaho.
Later that winter that pickup brought an old timer that was deer hunting, he died up in the basin,.. Right where he told everyone some day they would find him dead up there under "his tree". The old timer, was a neighbor to my father in law. His body was froze hard when they uncovered him . He didn't fit in the cab and they didnt have any rope and used the old-timers belt to keep him from sliding around that pickup.

1968 AM Deer.jpg
Anna Marie Nichols First buck, 1968
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Indian Summer » 03 20, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Quebec tundra. Early 90s. Before I owned a cell phone or even knew how to turn a computer on. Before Sitka gear. Before haircuts! Lol My first self taken photo. Canon Rebel on top of the day pack.
Attachments
0377162D-7ACD-489F-BDCA-D942A872B29C.jpeg
0377162D-7ACD-489F-BDCA-D942A872B29C.jpeg (92.31 KiB) Viewed 5062 times
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 5]

Last day to get a pic in for this contest. Pretty dang pathetic there’s not more submissions. I’ll quit doing these contests if I dont get more participation (and just keep all the sponsor provided goodies for myself). :twisted:

I KNOW you turds have an old school pic in that old photo album up in the closet. Send em in! 8-)
WapitiTalk1

Postby wawhitey » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 6]

Hold on there turbo.... im not old enough, but my dad is, and i know somewhere hes got a pic of his b&c blacktail in the back of his bronco..... let me try to make this happen.

Okay, it only exists in some format called "poe le rhoid" but its being searched for as we speak.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 7]

7mmfan wrote:Great contest. I only have a few of my Dad's old photos saved to my computer. I know he has a ton of the actual photos in a big box at their house. Here is one of my favorites though. My Dad, and his two brothers hunting up near Snoqualmie Pass in WA for elk, happened upon some eager camp robbers. I've tried and tried to replicate this over the years, but I guess I just don't have the touch that old Uncle Dan had. My guess is this was taken early 80's. Definitely before I was born.

You dont need a magic touch, just a handful of raisins. I love those little suckers. Super inquisitive qnd absolutely fearless.
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 8]

wawhitey wrote:
7mmfan wrote:Great contest. I only have a few of my Dad's old photos saved to my computer. I know he has a ton of the actual photos in a big box at their house. Here is one of my favorites though. My Dad, and his two brothers hunting up near Snoqualmie Pass in WA for elk, happened upon some eager camp robbers. I've tried and tried to replicate this over the years, but I guess I just don't have the touch that old Uncle Dan had. My guess is this was taken early 80's. Definitely before I was born.

You dont need a magic touch, just a handful of raisins. I love those little suckers. Super inquisitive qnd absolutely fearless.

Until they get in your base camp tents while you’re gone and spray dark matter all over your gear because they can’t figure out how to get out the way they came in :? They are a hoot tho; they used to find us daily in the Adams Wilderness and enjoy sharing our lunches ;)
WapitiTalk1

Postby wawhitey » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 9]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:
wawhitey wrote:

Until they get in your base camp tents while you’re gone and spray dark matter all over your gear because they can’t figure out how to get out the way they came in :? They are a hoot tho; they used to find us daily in the Adams Wilderness and enjoy sharing our lunches ;)

When they spray dark matter in your tent they do it in a charming manner, as a sign of affection. I will tolerate no disparaging words about my beloved camp robbers.
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 10]

wawhitey wrote:Hold on there turbo.... im not old enough, but my dad is, and i know somewhere hes got a pic of his b&c blacktail in the back of his bronco..... let me try to make this happen.

Okay, it only exists in some format called "poe le rhoid" but its being searched for as we speak.

The polaraoid has been located but the scanning is beyond the old folks abilities. Ill head up there tomorrow evening and see if i can work the magic despite being nearly as technologically impared as my parents. Dont wait for me though, im unreliable at best. Run your ol fogey contest
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 11]

We can extend the contest a bit longer if there are more pics coming. Carry on WW.
WapitiTalk1

Postby wawhitey » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 12]

The pic was taken 33 years ago. So about when i was in kindergarten. Oct 87, so yeah, one month into my (short) public school career.
wawhitey

Postby Swede » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 13]

76250019.JPG
1994 My son's first archery bull.

My son and I, 1994
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby wawhitey » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 14]

Didja pee on it?
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 03 31, 2021 •  [Post 15]

:mrgreen:
Indian Summer wrote:Quebec tundra. Early 90s. Before I owned a cell phone or even knew how to turn a computer on. Before Sitka gear. Before haircuts! Lol My first self taken photo. Canon Rebel on top of the day pack.

Where are you, and what is pauly shore doing to that bou?
wawhitey

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 01, 2021 •  [Post 16]

I have a few but I need to figure to figure out how to get them from an old picture to my computer.
>>>---WW---->

Postby UCWarden » 04 01, 2021 •  [Post 17]

Hunting poachers. 1983 photo of myself (holding the body of the deer decoy) and Dan Brinson (at the time with Fisheries) putting out the first ever robotic deer decoy in the country.
Attachments
16A smaller.PNG
16A smaller.PNG (514.19 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
UCWarden
Site Sponsor

Postby Tigger » 04 01, 2021 •  [Post 18]

I have a classic coming from my dad when he was 13.....hold on a bit!!
Tigger

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 02, 2021 •  [Post 19]

Get em in, I’ll run this a few more days.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Tigger » 04 05, 2021 •  [Post 20]

Old photo 3.jpg
Old photo 3.jpg (131.93 KiB) Viewed 4928 times

This is from 1961 I believe. my dad is in the upper left. My great uncle in the upper right. My grandpa in the middle bottom. both the guys on the lower corners married into the family. Deer were scarce here in 1961. this was quite the haul and it was needed meat for the winter.
Tigger

Postby UCWarden » 04 05, 2021 •  [Post 21]

Tigger wrote:
Old photo 3.jpg

This is from 1961 I believe. my dad is in the upper left. My great uncle in the upper right. My grandpa in the middle bottom. both the guys on the lower corners married into the family. Deer were scarce here in 1961. this was quite the haul and it was needed meat for the winter.

That's awesome!
UCWarden
Site Sponsor

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 06, 2021 •  [Post 22]

Let’s go you galoots, I’d like to see a few more submissions.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Lefty » 04 10, 2021 •  [Post 23]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:Let’s go you galoots, I’d like to see a few more submissions.

So double dog dare on the old school photos!

Or doos my wife have it locked up being the only good looking kid in the bunch
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H