Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Gear Review - Sling Saddle (Hands Free Rifle Carry)

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Gear Review - Sling Saddle (Hands Free Rifle Carry)

Postby daviehansen » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Creed Outdoors - Sling Saddle

I Picked up the Sling Saddle last year at the Hunt Expo in Utah. Overall it intrigued me because I've had the problem with my rifle falling off of my shoulder for years with my rifle sling. The Idea was great, the price was reasonable, and I figured what the heck, lets give it a go!

The Shoulder clip was made to attach to your backpack shoulder strap, is fully adjustable and very easy to use. Simply pull it out of the packaging and slip it onto your favorite pack strap. It also comes with a Belt Unit that can attach to your belt to help secure your gun at your waist and limit movement. They actually also included an additional accessory unit that allowed me to attach it to my pack Waist strap if I wanted. I've preferred using it on my belt, but its nice to have the option to put the waist clip pouch in a different spot.

When I used this on my Elk Hunt last year, it worked awesome. I found that if you place the shoulder clip too high on your backpack it can be uncomfortable. So I have it down around my chest, on my backpack strap and it worked like a charm. I never realized how often I was switching from shoulder to shoulder when carrying my rifle, because I was getting tired from adjusting when my sling would try to fall off. After using this for the first week of my hunt I was hooked.

The product worked really good, overall was comfortable when positioned correctly, and eliminated my annoying problem that I had with my rifle sling trying to slide off of my shoulder. The other benefit to this instead of having my gun stowed away in my pack like I have done in the past, is it made my gun quick and easy to access. I could literally pull it off my shoulder at anytime, quickly, and have my gun ready to go if I needed it.

Looking around it looks like its only available online, I haven't seen it at Cabelas or other shops locally. Feel free to check it out at http://www.CreedOutdoors.com

They call it the Sling Saddle. It has my vote, and I will definitely use it year after year. I'll attach a few pictures from their website.

John Elk Compressed photo.jpg
photo from their website.
John Elk Compressed photo.jpg (198.17 KiB) Viewed 1890 times
daviehansen

Re: Gear Review - Sling Saddle (Hands Free Rifle Carry)

Postby Tigger » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 2]

Great first post! Nice review on this product.

However, you have one Wapiti Talk demerit point for not telling us if you were successful on your hunt! Accumulate too many demerits and Swede will make you read his book.

Welcome to the forum and keep the good posts coming!
Tigger

Postby Swede » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 3]

Welcome to the forum davie.
Don't pay any attention to Tigger. He reads so slow it took him two weeks to get through chapter one in the tree stand book. He is trying to learn to read without moving his lips. He wanted to train them to stay closed by clipping two clothes pins on them. He had to give up, when three hours later Ms. Tigger called him to dinner and he was still on page one.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Good idea for the backpack hunter Dave. By the way, w(ELK)ome to the forum.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Lefty » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 5]

Hly cows you guys. A new feller posts and your all over him, like flies on Swedes boots.

Welcome aboard! Tell a a bit about yourself. Some days we are friendlier than others.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby daviehansen » 03 19, 2021 •  [Post 6]

haha, thanks for the warm W(ELK)ome. unfortunately I wasn't successful on my hunt. Lets just call it a few unfortunate missed opportunities. But we did have a great time out in the field hunting for Elk. definitely my favorite time of year.
daviehansen

Postby Indian Summer » 03 22, 2021 •  [Post 7]

In always show stuff like this to my wife and say “Remember when I made one of these in the garage and said someone will invent and sell this”

I’ll be trying one. Thanks. How about a little intro brother???
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro