Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Failed. Gear!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Failed. Gear!

Postby Lefty » 07 01, 2020 •  [Post 1]

I’m nota perfectionist but I know what I want, need and expect m, I’m not an engineer, but expect a certain level of performance .

I often do all sorts of things in challenging conditions doing a lot of back country activities solo. As a former Scoutmaster and shop teacher safety and being prepared is just part of life

After last night I feel justified in my complaint . I have nerapathy in my lower legs and feet. I walked in last night on a two track trail sat for a while, then at camp my feet were as wet as if I had stood in water over the height of my boots

A pair of UnderArmour brow tine boots, I only had used them exclusively for deer and elk hunting, likes less than 60 days m, well actually less.
The boots listed for $169 , my daughter got them at pro pricing. The first pair UnderArmour replaced. They squeaked , both laces broke and an eyelet had come off and the heel became loose I thought I was satisfied .
The replacement boots the laces need to be replaced and the boot straps separated I had resigned to the fact they were not a good boot.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Failed. Gear!

Postby Swede » 07 01, 2020 •  [Post 2]

If you want to add to your misery, buy some Bushnell products. They are sure to fail right before you get to the point you planned to use them.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Tigger » 07 02, 2020 •  [Post 3]

I agree with Swede! I have had only 1 Bushnell fail cuz I learned quickly and didn't buy many. But I have some friends that still like to get stung.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 07 02, 2020 •  [Post 4]

I have had Bushnell fail on my hunt. The worst was my range finder, but my friend had his Bushnell rifle scope fog up. I was with him and he did not get a shot at an elk because he could not see through the scope. The elk was in the wide opening about 100 yards away. I knocked one down, but it got up and ran where another hunter shot it and brought it down for keeps. I got another elk that day, but my friend could just as well have stayed home.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby phall » 07 03, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Had vortex rangefinder die 7miles in a few years back in area with lots of open terrain and potential for longer archery shots 40+. So hiked out bought a new one never got a shot on a elk. vortex was stand up as they always are and sent me new, probably refurb, that didnt work. Third was a charm and its still going 3yrs later, knock on wood
phall

First Name: patrick
Last Name: hall