Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Trapping

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Trapping

Postby wawhitey » 05 22, 2020 •  [Post 1]

Well, ive been wanting to start trapping for some time now, but having to go to spokane to do a test in person has caused me to procrastinate on it. Something good finally came from the kung flu, we can now do the trapping exam online. So i just knocked it out real quick and passed, so ill be getting after the bobcats this winter!
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Trapping

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 25, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Excellent! I haven’t trapped in many years but used to love it; that’s what I did every winter growing up and into early adult years. Hope to hear of your adventures this coming winter and see some pics.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 05 30, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Go for it
I trapped for a big part of my income during the 70's and 80"s Was even the trapper education director in MN. Tons of cool trapping stories. When I left Washington a buddy was interested in trapping, I gave him a few videos from my brother, trained him over the phone. One year depredation beaver bought a new Tundra for him.
Let me know what your going to trap ,, I still have lures , Ill ship some to you

elkmuzzy's dad is an expert cage trapper,,.. maybe muzzy is too with that cat pic
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby wawhitey » 05 30, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Ill just be trapping bobcats. At some point id like to get a beaver and a badger if possible, but for now im just going to be focused on bobs.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey