Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Act Now: SPT the President in Delisting Wolves!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Act Now: SPT the President in Delisting Wolves!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 03, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Support the Trump Administration in Delisting Wolves in the Lower 48. The Trump Administration has announced it will take executive action to delist wolves in the lower 48 states.

Please take a moment and let him know how important this is to you and that you support his efforts.

Be sure to enter all required fields or the letters will fail to send. Your contact information is how our system determines who your leaders are and verifies you're a real person. We don't share your information with anyone and it is safe with us.

Recipients:
President Donald J. Trump
Your Senators
Your Representative
Secretary David Burnhardt

https://secure2.convio.net/bgf/site/Adv ... ion&id=157

It only takes a few minutes. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Act Now: SPT the President in Delisting Wolves!

Postby Indian Summer » 05 04, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Done!
Attachments
7FDAB12D-A44D-4A82-BD11-064A17C434CC.png
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 04, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Thanks Joe. Everybody needs to do this.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Indian Summer » 05 05, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Yes they do. Take 2 minutes and no cost to help. They are currently talking about putting wolves into Colorado. People who haven’t seen what wolves can do have no idea. Having a hard time finding an elk is tough. Elk that don’t bugle makes bow hunting really tough. But a drastic decline in the herd cutting your licenses by 75% is even worse. If that happens you won’t even get a chance to go see if elk are there and bugling. That happed in my Montana unit. We went from unlimited tags to just 25 in the whole unit. Twenty five!!!

Please folks fill out the form for everyone’s good. Anti fight a hard battle and we need every man we can get to fight back.
Indian Summer

Postby Indian Summer » 05 05, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Colorado hunters.... all hunter, might want to read this. This is how relentless they are. They want wolves in CO by 2023 and an UNMANAGED population of 1000 wolves! Step up and at least help people to help us!!!

https://elknetwork.com/effort-begins-to ... oLfEsR5fIc
Indian Summer

Postby wawhitey » 05 05, 2019 •  [Post 6]

I signed it, not that it will make a bit of difference where i live. feds delisted wolves in my area years ago, yet the state continues to list them as endangered. Really wish stevens / ferry / pend orielle counties could become part of idaho.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 05, 2019 •  [Post 7]

I hear ya whitey, I really do. We as sportsman are in the pickle we are because we haven’t been as vocal as the lefties over the years. Back when we were the silent majority, things would normally shake out right but not any more. The antis, lefties, and pro wolf folks are very vocal and flip their biscuits every time sportsman address an on going issue. Very frustrating to say the least.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Swede » 05 05, 2019 •  [Post 8]

I wish the wolf had never been introduced back into the lower 48, but it is going to be very difficult to convince a non-hunting public that our values are better than theirs. This is especially true when they think we are rather barbaric trying to shoot the animals we claim to love.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 05, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Swede wrote:I wish the wolf had never been introduced back into the lower 48, but it is going to be very difficult to convince a non-hunting public that our values are better than theirs. This is especially true when they think we are rather barbaric trying to shoot the animals we claim to love.

Yep...sad but true John.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Lefty » 05 06, 2019 •  [Post 10]

The whole state by state management quotas is hurting delisting of all animals
The anti hunters keep stretching the endangered spicies laws into something that was never conceived

Years back a pair of wolves were trapped in Utah and “returned”

Just heard on the news today a wolf was shot by a rancher that was running down his dog 150 yards from the house
Why is that big news.

We spent the weekend where wolves had eliminated the areas moose population and started on cattle and sheep
The pack eliminated the moose returned
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Backyard » 05 06, 2019 •  [Post 11]

None of you guys out west have anywhere near the BS we've got to deal with here in MN.

https://kstp.com/politics/minnesota-gov ... ?cat=12681

And BTW, we don't even have a moose season anymore because of the amount of packs in the arrowhead region have almost wiped out the moose. That happened just two years ago. They (experts) blamed it on the deer.
Backyard

Postby Swede » 05 06, 2019 •  [Post 12]

Sawmills have been closed all over the northwest and thousands of loggers have been put out of work. The lack of timber harvest has taken a thriving elk population throughout the Cascade Mountains and reduced herds to a small fraction of what they once were. Hunting success on elk has dropped from about 10% to 3%-4% in the Cascades. We can thank the Endangered Species Act for part of that. The big timber companies helped stop public land timber harvest too.
The wolf is just a symptom of the problem. I don't see any fix in the near future. You can write your congress person, and they will thank you for your input. I went to two meetings and talked with mine. If you think your political party will fix it if they are in control, just ask what they did when they had both houses of congress and the presidency? The problem will not be addressed until the public demands a change. Timothy Treadwell thought the Brown bears were his friends until they ate him. There a lot more like Timothy Treadwell out there. Just go hunting.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby wawhitey » 05 07, 2019 •  [Post 13]

Backyard wrote:None of you guys out west have anywhere near the BS we've got to deal with here in MN.

https://kstp.com/politics/minnesota-gov ... ?cat=12681

And BTW, we don't even have a moose season anymore because of the amount of packs in the arrowhead region have almost wiped out the moose. That happened just two years ago. They (experts) blamed it on the deer.

We may not have quite the wolf numbers you do (yet) but we make up for it with an insane cougar population.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey