Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

muley time

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

muley time

Postby powderhogg01 » 08 17, 2015 •  [Post 1]

The season opens on the 29 here in colorado. I will be spending my opener chasing the high country mule deer. I have found that the holiday weekend brings a lot of people out and the areas near trails or roads seem to get hit hard, do to this fact I have spent a lot of time and effort finding an area in my unit with no trails in or out.. this little canyon is a true honey hole. Last year I counted 12 bucks, never got it done due to my sucking and having some equipment related issues. This season I have my bow DIALED.. I am throwing montecs 70 yards holding good tight groups.
Here is to a bit of redeption off last years failures.. to learning ever more from the failures to come, and to the blood sweat and tears about to be shed.
good luck out there friends, be safe and lets see some velvet!!!
powderhogg01

First Name: sam
Last Name: cohen

Re: muley time

Postby pointysticks » 08 17, 2015 •  [Post 2]

i'm packing for friday..i missed the season opener this past weekend, because i volunteered to work. duh!

good luck buddy..

my goal is to get my friend on a deer, and then me..
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby GobbleFarmer » 08 18, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Sounds like fun! Chasing after a big mulie, thats cool! And slinging arrows to 70, that sounds like you are coming home with something! good luck. :D
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Postby powderhogg01 » 08 18, 2015 •  [Post 4]

I have put a lot of effort into my shooting this season. I have had cameras out and had many days on foot scouting the country. I am really hoping I can get it done opening weekend which is my birthday! I have everything I need already packed and ready to rock, all I need now is for time to pass and the winds to hold steady in my favor
powderhogg01

Postby Huntrgathr » 08 22, 2015 •  [Post 5]

As much as I'd like to get one in velvet, I can't miss the rut. I enjoy the rut so much I don't feel like I have to kill one. Even if I didn't hunt, I'd go up to just watch it all happen.
Huntrgathr

Postby powderhogg01 » 08 24, 2015 •  [Post 6]

I plan on being in and out of my muley zone in time for the rut to kick into full swing. I think things will be going off a bit later this year, could be interesting to see what happens.
powderhogg01