Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

couple mulies in the neighbors yard salida colorado 2013

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

couple mulies in the neighbors yard salida colorado 2013

Postby dierwolf » 06 10, 2014 •  [Post 1]

one of the bucks in question was nursing a lame leg, and the other had decided to take charge. nature at its rawest right there in front of me. sorry for my shakes it was freezing out and I was wearing shorts and a t shirt. forget exactly what day last year I snapped this on the girlfriend's cell, but it was in salida Colorado.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DERpiCzcRsY
dierwolf

First Name: Josh
Last Name: Schneider

Re: couple mulies in the neighbors yard salida colorado 2013

Postby dierwolf » 06 10, 2014 •  [Post 2]

and yes it really gets that cold up there that 90 seconds unprotected is really unpleasant.
dierwolf

Postby dierwolf » 06 10, 2014 •  [Post 3]

the upstairs of the townhouse was like looking out on those fields behind the house like a shooting gallery. of course you couldn't actually shootem within town limits with a rifle, cuz that'd be crazy, but it was fun to snap pictures and vid. damn was that a cold spur of the moment one though. we had been watching the lame guy for a few hours that day cuz we were snowed in, I tossed him some cabbage and corn even. that young buck was havin none of that stuff though.
dierwolf

Postby dierwolf » 06 10, 2014 •  [Post 4]

though from what I hear, there are some towns out there that will allow residents to take a mule deer at any time of year with a rifle within city limits, as long as their name is on the deed to a property, or an official rental contract. but I have no idea where those places are or if they even really exist. but that would be a neat place to find oneself I would think.
dierwolf