Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Worth a look if you like big deer.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Worth a look if you like big deer.

Postby Lefty » 12 18, 2022 •  [Post 1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uljdGwEyjPc

There also some other videos too.
If you haven't been to Antelope Island, it is a strange treasure. My only suggestion,, don't go on a warm or hot summer day
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Worth a look if you like big deer.

Postby Swede » 12 22, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Great buck and a great shot on it. I don't know what to make of giving one vet a $310k hunt and thousands of dollars' worth of gear while thousands of similar vets get very little for all of their troubles. They come home to broken homes, PTSD, and other matters of ill health. I suppose we can and should be happy at least one vet was recognized as "worthy".
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby wawhitey » 12 22, 2022 •  [Post 3]

Swede wrote:Great buck and a great shot on it. I don't know what to make of giving one vet a $310k hunt and thousands of dollars' worth of gear while thousands of similar vets get very little for all of their troubles. They come home to broken homes, PTSD, and other matters of ill health. I suppose we can and should be happy at least one vet was recognized as "worthy".

You could always spread that 310k out and give them each a dollar, but dont know what good that would do
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 12 26, 2022 •  [Post 4]

I know lots of fellows dont like the idea of a governors/conservation tags. I think its great when those of means will spend that kind of money.

As far as helping those with PTSD,,,

s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (67.24 KiB) Viewed 955 times
Lefty

Postby Swede » 12 27, 2022 •  [Post 5]

I know I am skeptical. There is an old adage to "beware of Greeks bearing gifts". I do not know anything about Greeks with gifts, but a politician begging for money one day and giving out over $300,000 to one worthy vet on other strikes me as odd. Why? Who really paid for it? What is the payback? Humm.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Billy Goat » 12 28, 2022 •  [Post 6]

great watch. thanks sir!
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Lefty » 02 20, 2023 •  [Post 7]

Swede wrote:I know I am skeptical. There is an old adage to "beware of Greeks bearing gifts". I do not know anything about Greeks with gifts, but a politician begging for money one day and giving out over $300,000 to one worthy vet on other strikes me as odd. Why? Who really paid for it? What is the payback? Humm.

I think it was a great donation. $310 K for the hunt and Utah Wildlife. Something I could never do.
And as far as one vet,,, or one youth or one disabled,, it helped one person The bidder gave away a hunt for someone deserving in his mind.
Lefty