Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Somethings going down!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Somethings going down!

Postby wawhitey » 03 12, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Just stepped out my back door to water the bushes. Heard a cougar whistle like 7 or 8 tines, pretty rapidly. Sounded excited, worked up. Something is going on. Sounded maybe 100 or so yards behind the house in the timber. Probably this mama cat thats been hanging around with her cubs.
Attachments
03070025-800x600.JPG
03070025-800x600.JPG (127.47 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
03070026-800x600.JPG
03070026-800x600.JPG (124.6 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
03070028-800x600.JPG
03070028-800x600.JPG (125.77 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Somethings going down!

Postby Lefty » 03 12, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Cool pics
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Roosiebull » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 3]

very cool pics!

wonder what's up? maybe they got one of the plum eating deer?

two occasions last summer I was on my porch at night (about 10ish both times) and heard a lion sounding off pretty consistently, both times a couple weeks apart and sounded to be in the same area, pretty strange. as hard as they are on deer and elk, there is no denying how cool of critters lions are. I think they are the coolest animals that walk our woods.

part of the reason I hunt them so much is to attempt to save some deer and elk, but another strong reason is the desire to have encounters with them. seeing a lion in the woods is something that will never get old, they are truly amazing critters. I never hunted them, or considered killing one until their population boomed, and the evidence of their impact became undeniable.

some people cannot grasp the concept of liking an animal so much, while also trying to kill them. I like deer and elk a lot too, and appreciate every encounter. many around here hate lions, and would like them eradicated, that is the opposite of how I feel. the woods would not be as cool without them walking around, there are just too many, and our deer and elk herds are struggling, the lions don't help.

thanks for the pics! very cool.
Roosiebull

Postby wawhitey » 03 13, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Roosiebull wrote: I think they are the coolest animals that walk our woods.

part of the reason I hunt them so much is to attempt to save some deer and elk, but another strong reason is the desire to have encounters with them. seeing a lion in the woods is something that will never get old, they are truly amazing critters.

some people cannot grasp the concept of liking an animal so much, while also trying to kill them. I like deer and elk a lot too, and appreciate every encounter. many around here hate lions, and would like them eradicated, that is the opposite of how I feel. the woods would not be as cool without them walking around, there are just too many, and our deer and elk herds are struggling, the lions don't help..

Im on exactly the same page.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey