Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

How about re-introducing Jaguars in the US?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

How about re-introducing Jaguars in the US?

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 17, 2021 •  [Post 1]

WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: How about re-introducing Jaguars in the US?

Postby 7mmfan » 06 17, 2021 •  [Post 2]

Yeah. Lets just add another huge predator that has shown no issue attacking humans in Central and South America into the highly populated southern US. Great plan.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby wawhitey » 06 17, 2021 •  [Post 3]

If the southern us is such great jaguar habitat, why havent they expanded naturally? Its always been the very far fringe edge of their range, so marginal habitat yes?

All of these "activists" are frauds. Theyre either plain virtue signaling and ignorant, or they have a devious agenda. They dont actually care about jaguars. If they did, they would focus on helping to improve the jaguars lot in life in premiumhabitat, rather than trying to shoehorn them into areas that just arent all that good of habitat for them.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby wawhitey » 06 17, 2021 •  [Post 4]

There are a few grizz in the north cascades of washington. Always have been. People want to transplant more. Once again, if its such great habitat, and they already exist there, wouldnt their numbers increase naturally?
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 07 08, 2021 •  [Post 5]

Much of the reintroduction stuff is anima rights stuff trying to stop human use..
Look at all the attempts made with successful wolf and grizzlies recovery. The goal keeps moving. They are never satisfied.

Look at some of the law suits.

Some of the wacko groups tried to stop hunan use of the region cats were introduced.
to many just thik its transplanting an animal,,. not everything is like carp or rats either

Look at the lynx introduction total failure.

Cats, Out Of The Bag
The restoration of lynx provides a valuable lesson for carnivore recovery. In 1999, more than 25 years after the felines vanished from the state due to factors such as increased development, Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) released 218 lynx that had been captured in Alaska and Canada into the San Juan Mountains. Many of them died of starvation—the result, CPW says, of a now-discontinued practice of freeing imported animals without a controlled period of acclimatization. The strong survived, however, and a 2010 survey found that a third generation of Colorado lynx was stable and thriving. Current estimates suggest there are 150 to 250 roaming the southwestern corner of the state.

Trappers in the midwest reintroduces otters to Iowa and Missouri. Really not know the results. Some areas the otter population has substantially hurt the turtle, duck, mink and creeK-chub populations.
One could toss in the hassles of the wild horse population and the "responsibility that has been assigned to that problem.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Lefty » 07 08, 2021 •  [Post 6]

My wife and I ATv'ed the suggested introduction area, and we did see game. I can surely see the whole area closed off to public use if there is reintroduction. :cry:
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 07 08, 2021 •  [Post 7]

wawhitey wrote:There are a few grizz in the north cascades of washington. Always have been. People want to transplant more. Once again, if its such great habitat, and they already exist there, wouldnt their numbers increase naturally?

A couple years back my wife and I stopped at Cascade National Park. A handful of greenies working for the park service were promoting the Reintroduction.
Once I had them alone I started asking real questions,, Basically What were the grizzlies non summer habitat needs.,, At what elevation. I suggested too much useable early spring and late fall habitat was on private ground,, And obviously they had to agree. A few months later I recieved an email regarding plans were on hold for lack of fall and spring habitat.
Lefty