Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Man attacks bear that's killing his dog.....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Man attacks bear that's killing his dog.....

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 08, 2020 •  [Post 1]

Not sure I buy the "350" lb thing but good on the young man for saving his pup anyhow....

https://www.fox4now.com/news/national/california-man-tackles-black-bear-to-save-pet-dog
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Man attacks bear that's killing his dog.....

Postby 7mmfan » 12 08, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Yep, not sure how he gets around with cajones like that. I still shake my head when they reference the bear still being around. That bear would be resting comfortably in my freezer. Dang Californians.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby wawhitey » 12 08, 2020 •  [Post 3]

350lb = 125 lb MAX
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 08, 2020 •  [Post 4]

wawhitey wrote:350lb = 125 lb MAX

About what I was thinking :lol:
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Tigger » 12 09, 2020 •  [Post 5]

125 pounds max is right. Wouldn't have made me feel bad if the bear would have finished the job on the pit bull.
Tigger

Postby wawhitey » 12 10, 2020 •  [Post 6]

7mmfan wrote:Yep, not sure how he gets around with cajones like that. I still shake my head when they reference the bear still being around. That bear would be resting comfortably in my freezer. Dang Californians.

Did you know that not only is cougar hunting illegal in california, but even posessing a cougar part? Even if it was killed legally? Like if i was to give my brother, who lives in california for no reason i can fathom, a cougar skull for his house, taken legally in washington, that would be a crime for him to posess it. Absurd. And now bobcat hunting is outlawed there too. Im willing to bet bear hunting in ca will be illegal in 5 years or so.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby 7mmfan » 12 10, 2020 •  [Post 7]

wawhitey wrote:
7mmfan wrote:Yep, not sure how he gets around with cajones like that. I still shake my head when they reference the bear still being around. That bear would be resting comfortably in my freezer. Dang Californians.

Did you know that not only is cougar hunting illegal in california, but even posessing a cougar part? Even if it was killed legally? Like if i was to give my brother, who lives in california for no reason i can fathom, a cougar skull for his house, taken legally in washington, that would be a crime for him to posess it. Absurd. And now bobcat hunting is outlawed there too. Im willing to bet bear hunting in ca will be illegal in 5 years or so.

Yep. Can't kill the cute and cuddlies.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan