Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Holiday Wild Game Meals?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Holiday Wild Game Meals?

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 30, 2016 •  [Post 1]

Anybody baking, grilling, or smoking some tasty wild game meals for the holidays this year?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Holiday Wild Game Meals?

Postby longspeak74 » 11 30, 2016 •  [Post 2]

Pulled BBQ venison roast. Bacon-wrapped venison loin appetizers. Slow cooker venison lasagna...oh, and a ham for those "other" folks!
longspeak74

Postby Lefty » 09 10, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Iwas just going threw the forum
Smoked duck or goose is our Christmas treat
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Lsb » 06 20, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Fir Christmas we line a casserole dish with bacon then a whole deer loin, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, diced onions, mushrooms, and roasted green chillies. Cover with bacon and cook for about an hour and a half (I think), then add shrimp and cook for another half hour. It's even better the next day.
Lsb

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 20, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Lsb wrote:Fir Christmas we line a casserole dish with bacon then a whole deer loin, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, diced onions, mushrooms, and roasted green chillies. Cover with bacon and cook for about an hour and a half (I think), then add shrimp and cook for another half hour. It's even better the next day.

Man, I was right there (sounds really tasty) with ya till the infusion of the shrimp ;)
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lsb » 07 30, 2018 •  [Post 6]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:
Lsb wrote:Fir Christmas we line a casserole dish with bacon then a whole deer loin, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, diced onions, mushrooms, and roasted green chillies. Cover with bacon and cook for about an hour and a half (I think), then add shrimp and cook for another half hour. It's even better the next day.

Man, I was right there (sounds really tasty) with ya till the infusion of the shrimp ;)

Potatoes can be substituted
Lsb