Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New guy here

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New guy here

Postby bstiger » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Boy wish I would have found this fourm years ago. Live here in Oregon and chase the rosevelt on the west side and some time the rocky over east.

Question I have is the DVD's offered on here are they like the other elk hunting videos out there or do they discuss the senairos and explain the what's and why for there success or busted scenario.

I am going to order the play book and a few other things and wanted to ask about the DVDs prior to ordering.

for those of you that have the audio play book any advantages of the actual book?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
bstiger

First Name: Bill
Last Name: Stiger

Re: New guy here

Postby Lefty » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Good to have someone new,.. This is a new site
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby dotman » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 3]

My best advice to you would be to call or email Paul (elknut) but I think it is the best DVD set out and I'm not just saying this because of the forum it is posted on. Playbook is awesome and congrats on finding the best site for technical info on elk.
dotman

Postby Vanish » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 4]

dotman wrote:congrats on finding the best site for technical info on elk.

Indeed it is. I love learning things and there is no better place around for learning about elk.

I have the DVD set. It is better than most. Paul does go into the why of things, not just tell you what.
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby dreamhunter » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 5]

you cant go wrong on the playbook ,dvds or any of the information available,it's all good stuff.
dreamhunter

First Name: Holly
Last Name: Paugh

Postby Bullnuts » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Welcome to the site! Great info here and Paul is always willing to share. This is probably the most useful elk hunting site you'll ever find.
Bullnuts

Postby >>>---WW----> » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 7]

wELKome to the site. To answer some of your questions, the playbook is great and can easily fit in your pack if you feel like you need a little refresher in the evening before turning in. The Playbook CD would be great to play while in route to hunting camp or going to or from work. And the vids are like no others out there. They explain different situations and how to handle them. No fancy hunting scenes that leave you wondering, "How did they do that"?

You can't go wrong with Paul's products and tips from others on this site.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby bstiger » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 8]

Wow you guys are great, most people I talk to they are tight lipped and offer no advice. As I look through this site I cannot believe how much information there is on here. I could sit up all night and still only scratch the surface. I am going to order a few things and start my education. Look forward to viewing and asking question to clarify some things.

Thanks again for all the help.
bstiger

First Name: Bill
Last Name: Stiger

Postby JimKirk » 09 26, 2012 •  [Post 9]

welcome to the site. yep your questions get answered here. oregon is a great state with beautiful scenery to chase elk in. chime in on any topic and post pictures which are always entertaining!!
JimKirk

First Name: kirk

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 09 28, 2012 •  [Post 10]

Hi JimKirk,

My apologies......I've been gone hunting. Welcome aboard!

I would recommend Paul's Volume 1-4 CD set. In my opinion, they're the best instructional media out on the market. I get no money off the sale of his products so when I recommend them it's because of how many hunters have taken bulls after watching his videos. If you want to watch kill shots, buy Primos. If you want to learn how to get more kill shots, buy ElkNut. :-)

I use both the hard copy and the audio copy Playbook. Decision should be wether you like to read or listen.

My 2-Cents.
JohnFitzgerald