Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

a huge thanks

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

a huge thanks

Postby bnsafe » 09 16, 2012 •  [Post 1]

to all the folks on here who helped me out and gave me info and advice for my first elk hunt. i could not have done it without you guys and you will never know how much this flatlander appreciates your willingness to field stupid questions. i didnt kill one but its my own fault cause i was in awe of the surroundings and did as much sight seeing as hunting. but its what i wanted to do. learned a ton and feel i could kill an elk now instead of being completely clueless. the experience was all i could have ask for. we had bugles at night (a real goal of mine just to hear some), i called in two small bulls, we saw a few more elk, had a bear get in our food, watched the aspens turn, glassed mountain sides, and just in general had a blast. back to work and real life tomorrow but wanted to thank you all again from the bottom of my heart. scott
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Re: a huge thanks

Postby Swede » 09 16, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Bnsafe; I am glad you had a great hunt. I sure hope you stay with it and keep hunting elk. I agree with you that there are a lot of folks on this forum who genuinely want to help. Best wishes for the next season.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Magic » 09 16, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Thanks for sharing your story.

Every successful hunt does not end with a kill. Congratulation on your hunt and your experience. ;)
Magic

First Name: Lynn
Last Name: D

Postby cnelk » 09 17, 2012 •  [Post 4]

bnsafe

Congrats on a successful hunt! [Measured in different ways]

I bet you will return and try again?
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Postby ElkNut1 » 09 17, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Yes agreed! Every year is part of the learning & understanding process from preparation to the hunt to getting critters off the mountain. We've all been through it & have loved it for the most part! Too, look at all the great folks here that are willing to help cut the learning curve down!!

Your preparation does not end now, it just begins looking forward to & planning next years elk hunt! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bnsafe » 09 17, 2012 •  [Post 6]

ive already been debating getting another cow tag or dropping my pref pts and goin for a bull. alot will depend on if my wife gets a job in colorado :mrgreen:
bnsafe

First Name: Scott