Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Where to go from here...?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Where to go from here...?

Postby mandrroofing » 09 05, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Hey everyone. Can you all direct me to any good articles what are good for a beginner elk hunting? Or any info windshield to help my chances of success? Of course I would love to bull, but I would definitely take a cow as well be my first trip and all. I'm really stoked about this trip to Colorado unit 65. We leave on the 13th for 10 day trip. Thanks guys!
mandrroofing

First Name: Matt

Re: Where to go from here...?

Postby elkmtngear » 09 05, 2012 •  [Post 2]

mandrroofing,

If I were you, I would get the Elknut Playbook right away, and start reading (or listening) right away. There are also a number of great instructional CDs, and DVDS available here through Elknut. You will not find better resources to learn the game.

As far as the game itself, you just need to get out there and experience it. You will learn volumes your first time out, but Elknut's materials will help prepare you for what is to come.

Click on the "Elknut.com" logo in the upper right corner, you will find a wealth of resources there.
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 09 05, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Like elkmtngear suggested, elknut....elknut....elknut. His instructional material has helped k's of hunters such as yourself. I would definately recommend his Volumes 1-4 CD pack, his Playbook, and his Mastering the Mouth Reed. But if I had to choose one I would go with his Playbook. Also, there is two forums on here called ElkNut TIps and Tics & ElkNut Video Clips. Start there....but be warned! Once you start reviewing his material you'll want more and more! :-)

Also, make sure to check out some of our sponsors like Elk Mountain Gear. Depending on the enviorment and type of hunting you are doing, his decoy can be a great tool to have in the bag.

My 2-Cents
JohnFitzgerald

Postby mandrroofing » 09 05, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Thanks for the help guys,ill be using this info for sure!
mandrroofing

First Name: Matt

Postby easeup » 09 05, 2012 •  [Post 5]

put that book in overnight mail!
easeup