Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Goofy Antlered Bull

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Goofy Antlered Bull

Postby Vanish » 08 30, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Check out the tops on this guy, from my trail cam. Not sure, but his left side looks like it might even have the required four points. I'd like to know what he'll look like next year.

Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Re: Goofy Antlered Bull

Postby hornart » 08 30, 2012 •  [Post 2]

looks like his first set of horns and he probably wont look anything like that next year
hornart

First Name: steve
Last Name: smith

Postby Vanish » 08 30, 2012 •  [Post 3]

hornart wrote:looks like his first set of horns and he probably wont look anything like that next year

Oh no doubt, its just the 4 way split on his one antler seems odd to me. Granted I haven't seen a whole ton of young bulls but all the other ones I have seen have more even looking branches rather than all at one spot.
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby hornart » 08 30, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I picked up a shed elk antler that was off his first set,,it had a top that looked just like a 6 point,,it was pretty cool,,just like this young bull and I have picked up hundreds of shed antlers
hornart

First Name: steve
Last Name: smith

Postby ElkManDan » 08 30, 2012 •  [Post 5]

I drew back on a bull like that last year except both sides looked like that bull's left side. He was pretty cool he had about 2 ft spikes that both "crowned" on the top with 3 to 4 points on the top of each. I decided to let him walk so I let off and went for the camera but he didn't hang around long enough for a photo shoot. I was kicking myself for about 24 hours that I didn't shoot but the next day I connected on a raghorn so I didn't feel too bad after that.
ElkManDan