Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Any info on Idaho GMU 25?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Any info on Idaho GMU 25?

Postby BIF » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 1]

My brother and I are going to try unit 25 this year. We've tried a couple years in 66a and last year in 32a, all without success. We hate to roam unit to unit each year, but are looking for a home! Have any of you guys hunted 25 before, would you have any suggestions on good areas to try and find elk? We are thinking around Yellow Pine in the northeast area of the unit. We would appreciate any help as we are new to the unit. Thanks and good luck to all!
BIF

First Name: Barry
Last Name: Ford

Re: Any info on Idaho GMU 25?

Postby Freebird134 » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 2]

What have you found while scouting 25? You have been scouting, right???
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Re: Any info on Idaho GMU 25?

Postby BIF » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Uh oh.......I've been nailed, so might as well confess. No, have not scouted the unit. I live in AZ and my brother is in Boise. We opened a business in Boise but have not had a chance to go up there yet. We are going to go up next week for "scouting" even though we know the season has started. We really planned on "hunting" after the 15th when things get going, so we consider next week's trip a scouting trip. So looking for ideas on where to scout, particular roads, mountains, waterways, etc. We have been recommended Yellow Pine area, but looking for additional info. The verbal lashings may now begin........
BIF

First Name: Barry
Last Name: Ford