Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Cow Calling Sequence Issues!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Cow Calling Sequence Issues!

Postby iRem » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Ok, I am having problems with the sounds that I am making and I don't like what I here. I know the sounds that elk make and have been practicing them for a few years now and I just don't like what I am hearing. I will record myself through different devices and I feel that they are not authentic enough. Some of the problems that I am having are putting together Heard Talk, Cow/Calf talk! I don't feel that they are running together well enough and I am don't feel that I'm getting good enough separation between the cow and calf and or too much separation not a very good flow. I feel that I can make the sounds individually and make the sounds as if they are at different locations. I need help with putting together a good/great sequence for heard talk.
I am going on a Cow/Spike hunt only this year since I did not get drawn for a bull tag in Eastern Washington. I have located the Elk where I plan on hunting and I know they are there, I am looking to get myself close to take down one or the other as the shot presents itself to me. Advice is needed as I still have time to make the changes to what I have been doing. I will only be hunting the last 4 days of the early archery season do to having back surgery in the spring and I took 4 months off to recover and get ready for elk season.

Thanks in Advance!
iRem

Re: Cow Calling Sequence Issues!

Postby >>>---WW----> » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKqUGEGz6g

Study this video. JMHO, but nobody does it any better than this.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics