Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

lost my elk hunting partner

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

lost my elk hunting partner

Postby elkmaster101 » 08 27, 2012 •  [Post 1]

sorry u guyes but here goes, I'm just got word that I lost my friend and hunting partner,
I live in central iowa and am looking for some hunter nut like myself or a couple guyies i can tag onto to go lek hunting this year in colorado,
I know this is extreamly last min. but my wife said no I'm not going alone. My best partner well she can't go with me because shes teaching school.
so if there is anyone out there that either passing thru or I can pick up on the way, lets talk
you can e-mail me blackdiamondhunter@hotmail.com
I'm serious about hunting are you.
Jim
elkmaster101

First Name: jim
Last Name: marshek

Re: lost my elk hunting partner

Postby easeup » 08 28, 2012 •  [Post 2]

i was in that same boat a few years back. the mrs. said you can do anything you want, but you will not go by yourself.

last minute....what is a guy to do?
I found me a unfilled spot guided hunt.......had one of the best times of my life and killed a nice bull to boot.

just throwing the idea out there for you.
easeup

Postby Freebird134 » 08 28, 2012 •  [Post 3]

What do you mean "lost"? I hope you don't mean he passed away. If so, my deepest sympathies go out to you!!!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby LckyTylr » 08 28, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I'm sorry about your luck. I live in ID, so no plans to hunt CO or I'd figure something out with you.

My Wife never told me NOT to hunt alone, but I got the riot act every time I went alone to go scouting or hunting last year and this summer. She asked me what I wanted for my birthday (Sept 10th). I told her I wanted an early present, a SPOT. It has a built-in GPS that allows me to push a button to send her my exact location with a few options for different pre-written messages. I programmed mine to read as follows.

"Check-in / Okay"
"Track" - automatically sends my coordinates every few minutes and Wife (or whomever I want) can view my tracks on Google Maps
"I have a non-life-threatening Injury. Please come Help! Call (wife)"
"I FINAllY killed an Elk, please come help! Call (wife)"
"SOS" - sends my coordinates every few minutes to Emergency Responders until they reach my location and medivac me.

I left a list of likely places that I will be hunting with my Wife, along with contact numbers of my friends that are willing to come rescue me or help pack out meat should I need assistance.

I know that you don't have friends to help out, but if nothing else, your Wife will get to see where you are each day on a map, and you can send her an "I love you" message or something. She will have the piece-of-mind that if you really need help, you can be located and medivaced in a few short hours. . . . . .

Good luck dude.
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson

Postby elkmaster101 » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 5]

thanks for all the emails guys.
elkmaster101

First Name: jim
Last Name: marshek

Postby hornart » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 6]