Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

estruss buzz and some cow sounds ive been working on

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

estruss buzz and some cow sounds ive been working on

Postby shorthair15 » 07 28, 2012 •  [Post 1]

here are some cow sounds ive been doing on my diaphragm. i was useing the herd master. i have the closer it works better for the estruss buzz. just trying to use one or two reeds . i like playing with them to get different sounds. let me know what you guys think thanks.http://soundcloud.com/labrador15/audio- ... saturday-2
shorthair15

First Name: scott
Last Name: dyer

Re: estruss buzz and some cow sounds ive been working on

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 28, 2012 •  [Post 2]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrW-OAn8VA4

Not bad on the mews and cherps. But as for the estrus buzz, WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, check the youtube link I posted and see what the real thing sounds like.

Please don't take my comments wrong. By no means am I trying to criticize you. Just trying to be honest and help you out.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby shorthair15 » 07 28, 2012 •  [Post 3]

i dont mind the criticism. does not bother me i dont use a estrus buzz when calling just trying to learn more calls. the main calls are locater bugle,challenge bugle and cow and estrous sounds. i know a few guys that kill a bull almost every year on these sounds. still learning the different calls i have had a little over month on diaphragms.
shorthair15

First Name: scott
Last Name: dyer

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 28, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Shorthair, it's not that bad! It needs a little adjustment but you are certainly on the right track bud! It sounds like you are trying to make the buzz with your reed? If so save that for a later time & concentrate making it with voice inflection first! Say the word "mad" as you throw only your throat voice into it, start very subtle & get used to making this sound. Once you can make it on a regular basis now put the mouth reed in your mouth & stay with the same voice/throat deepness, it's kinda like clearing your throat at the same time. Start with soft variations of this & as you get it then you can use a bit more coarseness in your throat clearing sound!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 29, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Don't know if this will help you out or not, but it helps me to remember what it is supposed to sound like. Think of a crow call. It is usually very short and nothing fancy on the end of it. By that I mean don't try to go hi or lo on the end. It is more like an excited mew with a gravely sound to it.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics