Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

a locator bugle and some lip bawls and chuckles

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

a locator bugle and some lip bawls and chuckles

Postby shorthair15 » 07 27, 2012 •  [Post 1]

ive been practicing my locator bugle and some lip bawls and chuckles. im getting better at holding the high note. i still have a ways to go but im happy considering ive only been useing diaphragms a month. my cow calling with the diaphragm is pretty good now. hopefully im not driving the wife and my dogs crazy :lol: thanks elknut for the help when i first started useing diaphragms. i know my bugles may be to long im working on shortening them up to 3 or 4 seconds. good luck every one this season! http://soundcloud.com/labrador15/audio- ... n-friday-1
shorthair15

First Name: scott
Last Name: dyer

Re: a locator bugle and some lip bawls and chuckles

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 28, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Getting a lot better there partner, no doubt about it!! Your Location bugle is fine in length, your 2nd bugle has a Lip Bawl in it which is more for calling cows, it too can be a very good locater & get a response from other bulls! So you shared 2 different elk bugles there! Your chuckles need only be 4-5 of them, after that they take on human tendencies! So a few minor adjustments & you are well on your way!!! Great job!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby shorthair15 » 07 28, 2012 •  [Post 3]

thanks elknut that means alot comeing from some one who calls as good as you.. i get a little carried away with those chuckles will shorten them up to 4 or 5. been trying to add a little voice on the end of the bugle when comeing off the high note to sound a little more realistic.
shorthair15

Postby shorthair15 » 07 28, 2012 •  [Post 4]

i shortened up the chuckles to about 5 times still trying to polish up my bugling adding a little voice at the end after i come off the high note. i practice almost everyday for about a hour. let me know what you guys think thanks.http://soundcloud.com/labrador15/audio- ... saturday-1
shorthair15