Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Favorite Trail Cam Pics

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Favorite Trail Cam Pics

Postby eltaco » 07 07, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Last year was the first year I gave trail cams a try. I've always been interested in seeing what was out there, but hadn't yet invested in the cams. I decided to buy a couple of cheap used cams to see what information I obtained by using them for a season and packed them out to a couple of wallows I had found the years previous. What I saw was extremely enlightening for me, but also very bittersweet. Ignorance can surely be bliss, at times!

So here is my most unique pic from last season. Not the biggest bull on my camera, but man, he was having a good time! This picture was taken during season, and this bull showed up on random nights at approximately the same time. I replaced the card and when I came back to it I had 61 images which wouldn't load on my camera or computer... wasn't a happy camper!

Here's my least favorite picture that I received last year. About one hour previous to this picture (on opening day, I believe), I stopped by this cam to see what it had seen for the last couple of weeks. I noticed the only movement on the cam had been early morning and late evening, so we decided to move on to another area to set for the mid-day. We left this wallow 30 minutes before this picture was taken. We weren't even 300yds from this location at the time the pic was shot. This one hurt a little...

I'm curious to see what pics and lessons you have to share from your use of trail cams in your area!
eltaco

Re: Favorite Trail Cam Pics

Postby Lefty » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I have some neat bear, coyote, fox, dogs, goose trail pics.
An aquaitance his trophy picture is of Santa Clause: early AM Christmas day three years ago waving into the trailcam. He never found out who Santa was
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby CrazyElkHunter » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 3]

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CrazyElkHunter

First Name: Bill
Last Name: Custer

Postby CrazyElkHunter » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 4]

ImageImageImageImageImage
CrazyElkHunter

First Name: Bill
Last Name: Custer

Postby Freebird134 » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 5]

I ended up with a picture of a very fat, naked man on my camera once. Not my favorite picture, but probably the most memorable. I won't ruin your day by posting the pic. Some things can'g be unseen.
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Lefty » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 6]

[quote="Theelkhun I had some kid moon my camera! That kids poor butt musta looked terrible with skeeter bites, cause he stood there with his butt out for about 2-3 minutes.[/quote]
When you 15 it would be worth it :P

I ended up with a picture of a very fat, naked man on my camera once. Not my favorite picture, but probably the most memorable. I won't ruin your day by posting the pic. Some things can'g be unseen.

I really dont want to know where you had your trail cam set up either
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby lag » 07 13, 2012 •  [Post 7]

(theelkunter) i think i might know that kid on your camra :-P
lag

First Name: lawrence
Last Name: gravelle