Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Am I the only one??

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Am I the only one??

Postby ElkManDan » 06 28, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I'm just curious if anyone else does this...

I'm not a big fan of getting my picture taken unless I am sitting in front of a dead animal so whenever my wife wants me to take a nice family picture sometimes I pretend that there is a big ol 6 point bull sitting in front of me so that I can get a real good smile for the picture and not a fake one.

Has anyone else done this or just me???
ElkManDan

Am I the only one??

Postby Buckriser » 06 28, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I basically do the same thing. If its not a pretend trophy animal, I'm trying to recall a funny experience so my grin looks natural. Lol
Buckriser

Last Name: Riser

Re: Am I the only one??

Postby westaner » 06 28, 2012 •  [Post 3]

That's funny! Now I'm gona be laughing every time I get pic taken!
westaner

First Name: K.C.

Postby BowElkDwn » 06 28, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I usually try to do that but fail.. So really I just stick to smiling in pics when there are animals around. Wife loves it you should give it a try. :D
BowElkDwn
ElkNut Pro Staff

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 28, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Heck, I've hated taking photos my whole life. I don't even smile in elk hunting photos! Look at this one. I look like this in everyone of them! I am a happy guy just not a big grinner! (grin)

ElkNut1
Attachments
11 2008 6x6 Bull.jpg
11 2008 6x6 Bull.jpg (119.48 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby ElkManDan » 06 28, 2012 •  [Post 6]

I don't even have to try to smile when I get an elk down the smile just comes naturally. Before I learned this trick I was constantly getting in trouble for my "smile" in family pictures, now I get lots of comments on how great my smile is in every family pic.

After I posted this I thought maybe I should have posted it in the tips section. Those of you who have a hard time smiling naturally in pictures, try this method next time :D
ElkManDan

Postby easeup » 06 29, 2012 •  [Post 7]

on the other hand......down through the years we all get to take pics of friends/family kill shots and sometimes of ourselves included.
If you hunt with me and a victory photo is taken, my rule is.....you smile or the clicker does not get punched!

good grief; who wants to see a picture of a dirty grumpy hunter?
If hunting is some of the happiest times in our lives, how come it doesn't look that way in the historical record?

:) :) :)
easeup

Postby Buckriser » 06 29, 2012 •  [Post 8]

easeup wrote:on the other hand......down through the years we all get to take pics of friends/family kill shots and sometimes of ourselves included.
If you hunt with me and a victory photo is taken, my rule is.....you smile or the clicker does not get punched!

good grief; who wants to see a picture of a dirty grumpy hunter?
If hunting is some of the happiest times in our lives, how come it doesn't look that way in the historical record?

:) :) :)

well said easeup.
Buckriser

Last Name: Riser