Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Glunking?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Glunking?

Postby bugleemin » 06 26, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I used to have a glunker from abe and sons that worked pretty well, but alas it has been lost. Does anyone know where I can find one or something comparable? What are you guys using?

Thanks
bugleemin

Re: Glunking?

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 06 26, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I pop the end of my grunt tub. Working on mouth glunks. Oh, by the way make sure you take your wedding ring off before slapping your tube. Elk don't like the sound! :oops:
JohnFitzgerald

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 27, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Many ways to imitate this sound! Nice thing about it, it does not have to be perfect! Lots of guttural sounds, moans, pants, mews can accompany glunking. I use my voice & bugle tube to imitate this sound! I've messed with a mouth reed to trying to just get a thump with it but it's difficult to do. I will be doing a short Video Clip on the this sound, it will be in the ElkNut Video Clips Forum! I will work on getting it there by this weekend for those interested in seeing me make a fool of myself! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby LONEBULL » 06 27, 2012 •  [Post 4]

My homemade grunt tube produces an awesome glunk when I tap the end of the tube. I work in a lumber yard and have tried different pieces of plumbing and gotten decent glunts like you get from that Abe @ Sons glunk tube.
LONEBULL

Postby bugleemin » 06 27, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Thanks for the replies, I will be looking forward to the video.
bugleemin