Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

How many bugles have you heard this year

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

How many bugles have you heard this year

Postby BowElkDwn » 06 21, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I haven't heard any this year. In years past it was about this time of year when a whole herd of elk came by where I was camping and were calling up a storm. Bugling and countless cow calls. I haven't been lucky enough to camp right in the middle of them in a couple years though.
BowElkDwn
ElkNut Pro Staff

Re: How many bugles have you heard this year

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 21, 2012 •  [Post 2]

It's just a matter of time now as the elk up to their summer range, once those nursery groups come together there will be lots of talking going on!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 06 21, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Yep, heard two just the other day. One on my left and one on my right. My 10 year old and 8 year old both decided to show dad how much they've been practicing. For all posts from here on out, everyone will have to type a little louder! :lol:
JohnFitzgerald

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 22, 2012 •  [Post 4]

If hunting my own state & I have the luxury of hunting when ever I want then yes, deer & elk tags are in my pocket! I too would not forgo elk hunting in pursuit of a deer!

If hunting out of state no way would I consider another species to hunt, elk would be the foremost on my mind, period! It takes a lot of time & sacrifice in new country, focus on a specific target is crucial when only so many days are allowed!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul