Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Sad Day

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Sad Day

Postby Fullabull » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Sad day in the Fullabull house :( we had to put down our 13 1/2 year on Chocolate lab today. She had Lymphoma, the kids came home from college so they could say goodbye. We all held her and cried while she passed...it was sad. The house will really be empty now with the kids gone and no dog to follow me around.
Fullabull

First Name: Fred
Last Name: Talbot

Re: Sad Day

Postby ORelksniper » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Fred, I am sorry to hear that. I spent the first 60 years of my life thinking dog people were crazy. Three years ago I found a dog wandering on the road and brought her home. Now, I'm one of the crazy people. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, my friend.
ORelksniper

Postby Swede » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I would hope a new puppy would help fill the void your friend left when she died. All the best.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:I am sorry to hear about your loss. I would hope a new puppy would help fill the void your friend left when she died. All the best.

My suggestion also
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Indian Summer » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Truly sorry for your family's loss. I think many of us feel your pain. I have one that I'm worried will be joining her soon but 2 little ones to help the healing.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Sorry man.. really am. They become part of the family for sure.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby LckyTylr » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Sorry to hear that.

I'm also on board for a new puppy to fill the void.

It happened to me a few years ago and everyone suggested the same thing. I was bitter about it, thinking "No little whining puppy is going to fill the collar of _____". The longer I waited, the more I kept telling myself that no other dog would ever live up to ______. When I finally got a new puppy, I found out that I was right, that little sh!thead wasn't half the dog that ______ was, but then again, she created a whole new spot in my heart.

It's a terrible thing to lose a dog. They each have their own faults, but their worst fault is that they don't outlive us. Eating hunting boots, demolishing work gloves, dissecting pillows, eating trash . . . they are bumps along the road of a perfect relationship between a man and his best friend.

Sorry for your loss.
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson

Postby ElkNut1 » 02 09, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Fred, sorry to hear about your dog my friend! It's amazing how pets can touch our lives & our hearts, I'm very sorry to hear about your families loss.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Fullabull » 02 10, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Thanks everyone, I greatly appreciate it! Someone sent me this also, I sent it off to the kids who are on their way back to school.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together
Fullabull

First Name: Fred
Last Name: Talbot

Postby LckyTylr » 02 10, 2013 •  [Post 10]

I'll admit it, that nearly brought me to tears.
LckyTylr

First Name: Tyler
Last Name: Sisson