Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

NEW ELKNUT DVDS!!!! :)

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Postby Elktracker » 06 16, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I dont know if its just me but I have watched volume 1,2 and 4 bugling bulls and beyond about 20 times since I got them and they really dont get old. I would really like to see a new dvd come out though! I have enjoyed the new videos on this forum in the video clip section of the forum but it has me wanting more!.

Paul are you planning on making any more dvds in the near future?

I know I would buy em up in a second and im sure most of the others on this forum would as well as your other followers :D.

Who else would like to see some new stuff by the Elknut in the way of dvd's, cds, maybe fashion lol?

I would like to see some Elknut crew hunting videos and maybe some stuff on more info and experiances you have picked up since shooting the first series of videos, I know from volume 1 to 4 it just kept getting better so im sure a new series or just a new single dvd would be awsome!

What do the rest of you think?

Josh
Elktracker

Re: NEW ELKNUT DVDS!!!! :)

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 16, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Nicely done Elktracker.. A little pressure can go a long ways... So Paul, are you working on anything new? RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Elktracker » 06 16, 2012 •  [Post 3]

:lol:
Elktracker

Postby slim9300 » 06 16, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I have a feeling the man is up to something new. It would be nice to see a new DVD, that's for sure. Paul? ;)
slim9300
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Ruttn' Rooseys » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 5]

I would love to see something new, especially some actual hunting footage with a narration explaining the scenario and tactics used.
Ruttn' Rooseys

Postby Elktracker » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Ruttn' Rooseys wrote:I would love to see something new, especially some actual hunting footage with a narration explaining the scenario and tactics used.

X2
Elktracker

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 7]

Ha Ha, yes, we have a few irons in the fire brewing within us!! Actual footage in the woods is what we really want to focus on this year, we want to show actual calling situations & response by other elk so you can see things we look for in identifying a particular bull or situation & how to handle it! Blind/Cold calling Setups, Silent elk, etc. We've had tons of requests for the exact thoughts you guys are mentioning, it's about time we do this!!!! (grin) I also would like to get another All Purpose DVD out to update all the info we've picked up since the first ones years back now! Sound Good?? As things happen I will keep you posted! Thank You for the interest!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Elktracker » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 8]

I think it sounds AWSOME but you already knew that by reading this :) Paul I know this is a tough question to answer but roughly when are you setting out to have this finished? Next year before bow season :geek: really looking forward to this!!!!

Josh
Elktracker

Postby eltaco » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 9]

Ruttn' Rooseys wrote:I would love to see something new, especially some actual hunting footage with a narration explaining the scenario and tactics used.

I would love to see Paul produce this... would be extremely valuable!

Bugling Bulls does have a few DVDs that does exactly this. Paul sells calls from them... wonder if he can sell you these in the meantime? Probably some of the best training DVds I've watched.
eltaco

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 10]

eltaco, I don't carry his DVD & he doesn't carry ours! (grin) When we do put out one like I'm referring to above, you will see quite a difference between the two, it's important to identify what you're hearing as well as knowing the name of a sound that may work best for individual situations. Most encounters hunters come across are vocal situations or non vocal situations, rare do we have the luxury to see the animals exhibiting a sound, identification is huge to know what to do next! I think all avenues should be considered, you can hardly have too much good elk info! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby eltaco » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 11]

ElkNut1 wrote:eltaco, I don't carry his DVD & he doesn't carry ours! (grin) When we do put out one like I'm referring to above, you will see quite a difference between the two, it's important to identify what you're hearing as well as knowing the name of a sound that may work best for individual situations. Most encounters hunters come across are vocal situations or non vocal situations, rare do we have the luxury to see the animals exhibiting a sound, identification is huge to know what to do next! I think all avenues should be considered, you can hardly have too much good elk info! (grin)

ElkNut1

Sorry Paul!

I'm positive that yours will provide far more detail when finished, but as it stands now I found those DVDs very beneficial especially to someone just learning elk calling. I generally don't care for DVDs of guys killing 20 300"+ bulls without any description of what tactics they're using to improve success. Actually, I despise those DVDs because they give a very flawed view of what hunting is, especially on OTC hunts.

Im always on the hunt for instructional DVDs and materials, and can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve, Paul!
eltaco

Postby bnsafe » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 12]

i would love to see one that walks us first time flatlanders through the process of a first hunt. not the drawing tag stuff as thats all on the internet, but scouting, google earth, maps, how to find camping areas, public roads and accesses (here private land has to be posted for example) what to look for (wallows, trails, feeding and bedding areas, wind currents, etc), beginning equipment (necessity vs wants), elk movts, and what to do when you get one down (packing it out, cooler space, etc.) some mountain emergency stuff, and anything i forgot. something that would give us the same info you pass on to your kids as they are growing up.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 17, 2012 •  [Post 13]

bnsafe, not exactly sure what you want but outside finding camping areas & road access which both of these can vary from state to state or even unit to unit, the rest of what you ask is in the PlayBook & DVD's, & tons of info right here & in Tips & Tactics section! Seriously, what else is needed? Please ask here, others will help you out!

eltaco, I understand what you are saying & thank you for realizing it takes more than just luck to get into & have chances at taking elk every year especially on OTC public land hunts! I am interested in updating our material, but at the same time it's been fairly productive over the years since its debut! Over a 1000 elk have been taking by newer hunters & hunters who have hunted elk for many years. So it's not like the information doesn't apply to todays elk hunter because it sure does! I know of no one else that shares elk Instructional info that is even close to the success that others have had by using many of the methods, techniques & sounds to better themselves as elk hunters that we have shared! With that said I still see the need to update through new DVD! (grin) I also appreciate the other points that were brought up above & we will concern ourselves with those, one step at a time! (grin) Thanks man!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul