Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Ozonics

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Ozonics

Postby Chad44 » 02 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Has anyone thought of using one of these for setting on a wallow or water hole. Granted you'd have to pack it in which sucks but if you use horses it wouldn't be bad. Looks like the work (on tv) ;)
Chad44

First Name: Chad
Last Name: Davies

Re: Ozonics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 02 02, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Everything works on TV!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Chad44 » 02 02, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Isn't that the truth
Chad44

First Name: Chad
Last Name: Davies

Postby ironhead22 » 02 02, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Always skeptical about things like this, its around $300. I've seen it but can't remember how much it weighs but can't be to much,wouldn't be bad in a day pack.
ironhead22

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Thompson

Postby >>>---WW----> » 02 04, 2013 •  [Post 5]

I'm thinking about making a big fan that you can strap on the bottom of your treestand that will blow all of your scent straight up so no animals can ever smell you.

Would you buy it?????????
>>>---WW---->

Postby flystrait » 02 04, 2013 •  [Post 6]

There is actually good science behind the device as it was originally produced for the food storage industry. In short it generates ozone and the bi-product is proxide which kills bacteria allowing food to be stored for up to 30 pecent longer. Hense they believe the product will attack human odor/bacteria killing it so the theory would be no human sent. I actually worked with a manufacture that was developing the technology and testing it for real world use with results. I personally would not purchase one. Mostly due to I stink so bad I would have to have made as big as a VW to help LOl. Or maybe its just the geen people wanting to create ozone since we are depleating it so fast and actually working with hunters to help achieve preservation of man kind.. Man that would be a story. :lol:
flystrait

Postby Lefty » 02 06, 2013 •  [Post 7]

The science is there. Im not sure how well it works in a tree stand but in a ground blind I can see a a good use for one.
The price should come down,..they make room sized ones for less tha $100 and car size for under
$20.
Nothing is truely scent-free but scent reduction Im giving it a chance ( well not for $300)
who knows; ten years from now maybe a carbo/ozone clothing
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby ctdad » 02 07, 2013 •  [Post 8]

The science behind ozone reducing scent is real. The application of that product in a hunting scenario like a tree stand has not been proven to work with any form of science. All anecdotal to this point. I don't own one and haven't used one. I'm not arguing they do or don't work, but the argument against them continues to be that proving they work is very difficult. The classic example is that a hunter uses one, and a deer walks down wind and doesn't smell them, then they claim that is proof. Then another hunter points out that has happened to them without the ozonics..... Just what you will hear when the debate gets going.
ctdad

Ozonics

Postby pointysticks » 02 07, 2013 •  [Post 9]

If you set one by a pair of stinky socks can a human still smell the stink?
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby BobcatJerry » 02 07, 2013 •  [Post 10]

I had an ozone generating air filter at one time and it was great. I really think it did the job. Ozone is used to destroy odors, bacteria and molds in an oxidizing fashion. Many hotels and auto dealers use ozone generator to eliminate odors, smoke smell, etc... Not sure if it would work in a deer stand, best be down wind in my opinion. So much out there now days that people want you to buy, not sure if half of it is needed...or works.
BobcatJerry

First Name: Jerry
Last Name: F