Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Erasing posts

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Erasing posts

Postby Pop-r » 02 09, 2023 •  [Post 1]

I don't believe we should be erasing post for personal gain or for any reason for that matter. It takes the integrity of this site and its moderators to a very low level. No hard feelings but it isnt right and shows the one who does it to have an ulterior motive.
Pop-r

Re: Erasing posts

Postby Jhg » 02 09, 2023 •  [Post 2]

Not an expert the only deleted posts I see are double posts or if I do it my post had little to offer upon reflection.

Whats up?
Jhg

Postby Swede » 02 09, 2023 •  [Post 3]

I do not know what post specifically you refer to that was deleted, but I have removed several over the years and a thread or two. I think I have always let the offending member know if I removed a post and why it was taken down. We have standards for decency and acceptable conversation. We need to know and follow them.
We have agreed among ourselves to not get into political debate. Unauthorized advertising will be removed. Occasionally someone starts a thread, and I will move it to the appropriate forum. The Elk Hunting forum is not the place for everything under the sun.
BTW: RJ has cautioned me a time or two over the years. I take no offence. Just know this. You are appreciated, and no one wants to give anyone the boot or even a reprimand. We just need to be respectful.
I will leave this thread up here at least for now, but it belongs at the Virtual Campfire.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Swede » 02 09, 2023 •  [Post 4]

I just remembered RJ has had to chew me out more than just once or twice. I just don't concern myself too much about them if I got my monies worth even when I deserved it, like the time Indian Summer and I got into an argument about something. I don't remember what it was about, but know I was right. :D
Swede

Postby Tigger » 02 10, 2023 •  [Post 5]

I think I nuked one about 2 years ago. It is rare that we erase something as most people here are well behaved. Some of our members are even litter-box trained. But I do watch and won't hesitate to delete something that doesn't meet WapitiTalk standards. Name calling will get you there in a hurry.
Tigger

Postby 7mmfan » 02 10, 2023 •  [Post 6]

Tigger wrote:I think I nuked one about 2 years ago. It is rare that we erase something as most people here are well behaved. Some of our members are even litter-box trained. But I do watch and won't hesitate to delete something that doesn't meet WapitiTalk standards. Name calling will get you there in a hurry.

Hey you old smelly curmudgeon! Leave us alone we're just trying to have some fun!
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Pop-r » 02 10, 2023 •  [Post 7]

It was nothing rude or belligerent but i assume the original poster had said something that they later didn't think promoted their business as they had wished or made them seem indifferent than what they wish for everyone to view them or their services so the whole thread just got removed and all the other valuable information with it.
Pop-r

Postby Swede » 02 10, 2023 •  [Post 8]

Pop-r, I have no idea what advertisement you are referring to. Can you send me a PM and explain?
I removed several lengthy ads a couple of years ago. The pest was very persistent in trying to get his ads up. I was just as persistent in taking it down. I do not remember who it was, or if it was just a scam. I suspected it was a scam, but at any rate a business needs to get permission to advertise here.
We have a Classifieds forum for members to sell things they want to get rid of. If a store or other business wants to advertise, they need to get with RJ and he will work with them. We call legitimate advertisers "sponsors", and we hope members consider then when they make their purchases. These sponsors are the ones who keep WapitiTalk up and running. Those that try to get in the back door are just thieves and RJ or no one here vouches for their validity.
Swede

Postby Elkhunttoo » 02 10, 2023 •  [Post 9]

Mods have always done amazing on this site from what I’ve seen…never had an issue and absolutely Love the site and appreciate those that run it for us all to gain knowledge and swap stories.
Elkhunttoo

Postby Lefty » 02 10, 2023 •  [Post 10]

Elkhunttoo wrote:Mods have always done amazing on this site from what I’ve seen…never had an issue and absolutely Love the site and appreciate those that run it for us all to gain knowledge and swap stories.

Its been an easy job. when there are decent people on here.

Its ben a long time since Ive had to do anything,,, other than keep Swede in line
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 02 11, 2023 •  [Post 11]

Did you ever get in your truck on Monday morning and notice a stink? You look around and find the remains of your kid's sack lunch. It has been sitting there in the hot sun since last Friday. You know you have to clean it up and air out your vehicle before it is fit to drive, but its torture. Those sack lunch remnants have a lot in common with Lefty's posts. :D
Swede

Postby Lefty » 02 11, 2023 •  [Post 12]

Swede wrote:Did you ever get in your truck on Monday morning and notice a stink? You look around and find the remains of your kid's sack lunch. It has been sitting there in the hot sun since last Friday. You know you have to clean it up and air out your vehicle before it is fit to drive, but its torture. Those sack lunch remnants have a lot in common with Lefty's posts. :D

Thanks for the compliment Swede,,, I deserve it!!!
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 02 11, 2023 •  [Post 13]

Think nothing of it Lefty. There is nothing too good for my buddies here.
Swede

Postby Indian Summer » 02 13, 2023 •  [Post 14]

Pop R and f you are referring to my thread which I’m pretty certain you are you should have sent me a PM instead of creating a thread saying you question the integrity of this site and saying that moderators are low. In my opinion that wasn’t the best way to go about it.

I wanted to post the hunt report on another forum. So I came here to copy and paste. I highlighted the text in the exit box and accidentally hit the back button. Poof! I deleted all of the text. I was so frustrated about it that I said screw it and just nuked the thread. None of it made any sense without the initial post. I hope that restores your faith in mankind.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Jhg » 02 13, 2023 •  [Post 15]

"Poof!"

Been there. Done that.
Jhg

Postby 7mmfan » 02 13, 2023 •  [Post 16]

I hate the mysterious "POOF". Been there, done that. Then I learned about Ctrl-Z, and everything comes back as long you didn't close anything! Saved my bacon a few times.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan