Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

DIY Elk Hunting Plans 4 Sale

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

DIY Elk Hunting Plans 4 Sale

Postby Indian Summer » 12 17, 2022 •  [Post 1]

I know most of you regulars are familiar with the services that Headin’ West Hunt Consulting has to offer. But I know we het new people all the time and we also have our share of lurkers. It’s that time of year so I figured I should probably advertise a little. :lol:

I sell detailed plans for both elk and mule deer in Montana and Wyoming. They include custom waterproof topo maps as well as a set of written instructions that take you from your door to base camp to where you’ll hunt. Ince you bail off of the main access route the maps show enough hunting loops to keep you busy for multiple seasons.

That sounds easy enough I suppose but the trick is to get an idea of your goals and of course your abilities and set you up with a plan that fits. You young bucks are easy to please because of your physical abilities. But if you’re taking your dad and he’s old and stiff lol me or your young son or daughter who can’t scale mountains like you can we need a plan for them too right?

Some guys want a hotel. Most guys prefer to hunt from a cushy bade camp. (Me!) Some guys want an option to set a spike camp to be closer to the elk. (Also me). And then there are the studs who want a backpack hunt so they can be mobile. So the consulting part of the package is important. Even once you have your hands on a hunt plan a few good phone conversations are invaluable to make sure you’re as prepared as possible to put it to good use.

These days elk tags are getting harder to get and the cost keeping climbing. So after you’ve waited a several years to be able to draw a license a solid plan is a good investment. Time is the most important thing we have when we’re trying to find and kill elk so being able to hit the ground running instead of spending half or all of your hunt trying to learn the lay of the land and how the elk use it. It’s also priceless to have a plan to get away from the crowds and hunt elk that haven’t been pressured into the darkest timber or to becoming completely nocturnal.

A hunt package also includes things like where to get groceries or dry ice. Meat processors in the area. Hotel and places to have dinner or get a shower depending on how far in the boonies you are. Help with license application since making sense of fish and game websites isn’t always easy. Everything you need to have a successful and enjoyable (2 different things lol) hunt.

Ok I’ll shut up until next year now. If you’re interested check out the website and let me know if you have any questions. Good luck in the drawings this coming year. A little over a month until the deadline to apply for elk licenses in Wyoming. Don’t wait until the last minute to think about where you’ll be hunting in 2023. Instead start looking over the maps and Onx Map or Google Earth etc so you know exactly where you’ll be in the fall.

Almost forgot….. I am a booking agent for a few select outfitters if you’re interested in a guided hunt or maybe a drop camp. Just like with the hunt plans they are hunting in areas I’ve personally hunted or guided in so we can see if they offer what you’re looking for.

Merry Christmas to all of you guys and girls! And a safe & Happy New Year.

Joe Ferraro
http://www.headinwest.net
headingwestelk@gmail.com
08BD68C5-A00B-4B59-985D-D5E7D490A263.jpeg
E1C67A40-4071-4F11-9FED-7B4E7BAD642F.jpeg
0E38D25D-8F29-4C08-84AF-8C1C7B6B8351.jpeg
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: DIY Elk Hunting Plans 4 Sale

Postby saddlesore » 12 17, 2022 •  [Post 2]

I have sent a few your way Joe. Hope they followed thru.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Lefty » 12 17, 2022 •  [Post 3]

How can I post your info on another forum
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Indian Summer » 12 17, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Lefty wrote:How can I post your info on another forum

Hmm. I’d say just make a thread there and copy my website link and paste it there. Or a link to this thread. Thanks!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Swede » 12 19, 2022 •  [Post 5]

Be sure and ask the forum owner or a moderator before advertising anything. Then the best way to generate interest and let people know about the hunt plans would be to start a thread and just talk about I.S's services. After that someone can add something and post a link. If you just start advertising, you will probably get the thread removed and a warning to cease and desist.
I have taken down several infomercials here as they are a blatant attempt to cheat RJ out of his dues and the forum cannot vouch for their legitimacy.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics