Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

WY Archery Guide?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

WY Archery Guide?

Postby LarryBud » 12 11, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Hi Folks,

I've been on and off this board for the past 7-8 years. I've managed to take a couple of nice MZ Elk. One DIY in Colorado and one guided in NM.

My Son has not been as fortunate and despite much work, he has one archery cow to show for his efforts. We each have 3 Points in WY. I know it's not a sure tag but I was hoping to hire a guide for him to archery hunt with me tagging along as an observer. I don't hunt archery and have a bad shoulder which will make a traditional bow a challenge ( getting old sucks ). I suppose I could look into a crossbow but it's the Boy who needs an elk.

Is it appropriate to ask about guides here? If not, can someone pm me with any suggestions. Starting my search cold, online seems intimidating with a fair chance for trouble. I only have the one guided hunt experience so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

LB
LarryBud

Re: WY Archery Guide?

Postby Indian Summer » 12 12, 2022 •  [Post 2]

I book hunts for one outfit in Wyoming. I’m extremely selective about who I book for. It’s my reputation too. I actually tried to buy the outfit before the current owner bought it… from his aging uncle. PM me your name, email address and phone number and I’ll pass on the contact information. I can tell you he has a really good reputation. He’s booked 5 years in advance for rifle but I can still line up spots for bow hunters. The hunting is in some really beautiful country too. The other thing worth mentioning is it’s where I do a lot of my own hunting. That should tell you something. Good numbers and some giant bulls.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro