Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Friendly sugestion...

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Friendly sugestion...

Postby mandrroofing » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 1]

First of all i really think this is the best Elk Forum on the web! After my first season elk hunting im hooked!I have so much to learn and feel like a nob always asking questions that i know are standard stuff for most of you.Mabey there already is one but i think it would nice to have a permanent "New to elk hunting questions" thread.What ya all think or is there already one? :)
mandrroofing

First Name: Matt

Re: Friedly sugestion...

Postby otcWill » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Truth is, when you have a guy like Paul answering your questions within hours or sometimes minutes, you don't need a separate forum or thread. I personally don't mind fielding any questions that might be termed "newbee" types. Fire away and we will always help! And yes, this is probably the best elk hunting resource on the web! Used to be another one that compared, but they lost one of their best contributors (Grin)!
otcWill

Postby mandrroofing » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Cool thanks for the honest answer. i hunted Colorado GMU 65 last year and didnet see much after i researched on that unit i come to see that when the preasure starts the elk seem to head to Private land wildlife.state.co.us/.../DOW/Hunting/.../GMUTipSheets/GMU065.pdf . I did some homework and found that GMU 78 seems like it might be a good area,mabey the san juan wilderness area or the Weminuche Wilderness Area.Anyone heard of these areas?Im asuming its a OTC area as well?
mandrroofing

First Name: Matt

Postby Swede » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 4]

All relevant questions are ok here. The person who asks the question is certainly not the only one to benefit from the responses. I know I am still learning. In fact I wrote down what I learned on the "misting" thread and shared it with my son and some friends, so they could add it to their Playbook. I don't always add things to my book. Sometimes it is just a matter of being more aware of something. Anyway ask questions or share an observation.
My fear is that there are people who may be reluctant to ask questions or make statements here, because they observed others being treated harshly on other sites, in similar situations. Paul and Co. won't put up with that kind of disrespect. Shoot: I am living proof. Paul has put up with my nonsense for months now. lol
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Nobody knows all the answers when it comes to elk hunting. And anyone that thinks they do, is just a little too big for their britches!

But there are some real knowledgable elk hunters on here and we all feed off of each others techniques and experienses. I've been hunting elk for 35 years and I'm not even close to knowing half of what I should. But I manage to pick up something new on a regular bases here on the forum.

Stick around long enough and you'll learn alot.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Friendly sugestion...

Postby Indian Summer » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 6]

The last season I didn't kill an elk was 99 and I still have questions and read the feedback guys like you get to yours. I enjoy teaching others too when I can.

When the day comes that any of us has it all figured out maybe we'll need a separate forum for geniuses. Until then we all have something to learn I'd say. Hunting is a life long lesson. Always learning.

Not to mention that many times there is more than one way to get the job done. I love when I come across a different perspective than mine.

No special forum needed... we're all good here under the same roof brother. ;-)

That said, I know nothing about Colorado. lol

Good luck!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 7]

I agree 100% with the above guys, by the way these guys are all excellent elk hunters. Please feel free to ask anything you'd like & all here will help out to the best of their abilities. Thanks for checking out the Forum.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby dreamhunter » 01 07, 2013 •  [Post 8]

This is a great site and a goldmine of information.There is so much to read and learn.One of the things I did that made a difference this year was to order,read and study Paul's elknut playbook. I even ordered a copy and had it sent to my buddy so he could read up and learn more to make our hunt even better. He appreciated it and liked it. The cds and dvds are great too.
dreamhunter

First Name: Holly
Last Name: Paugh