Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Nebraska Elk

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Nebraska Elk

Postby Reflex » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I found out today that I drew a Nebraska cow elk tag. I'm pretty pumped to be elk hunting this year. I really didn't think I had a chance of drawing the tag and was just waiting until next year to hunt Wyoming. You have the option to use whatever weapon you like, but I think I will just bow hunt. I need to get out and do some scouting. There is a good chunk of public land in the NW part of the state, but a fair number of elk inhabit the private lands adjacent to there. Hopefully I can find some elk using the public land and then get on them as soon as the season starts (Sept 29) before they get bumped off the public to private land. Anyway, just thought I would share since I am so excited to be elk hunting this year!
Reflex

Re: Nebraska Elk

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Sweet!!! Nice draw sir!! I'd be excited as all get out too, one minute you're not elk hunting the next thing you know the elk gods shine upon you! (grin) Congrats & good luck, Photos!!!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: Nebraska Elk

Postby elkmtngear » 06 15, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Congrats, Reflex! Looking forward to your scouting findings....be sure to post pics!
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor