Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Saddlesore

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Saddlesore

Postby Swede » 08 03, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Please join me in wishing Vince best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. I just learned that he has had a stroke. For those that know the Lord; this would be a good time to kneel and pray for a very respected old hunter. He is home recovering. Vince has been a long-time experienced resource for elk hunting tips, and reflections on many varied elk hunting adventures. I consider Vince a good friend and know that many of you do also.

Best wishes Vince. I will look forward to hearing your wit and wisdom again soon.

Swede
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Saddlesore

Postby Elkhunttoo » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Definitely will be praying for you Vince…thanks for letting us know swede…be strong Vince and my the lord be with you and those around you at this time!
Elkhunttoo

Postby Tigger » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 3]

Knee mail sent Vince! Tackle this like you would tackle an ornery horse on a steep mountain!

I always read every one of Vince's posts. Every. single. one. He might slip up and share a secret nugget of elk wisdom! I am sure he has forgot more about elk hunting that Swede has ever known. :shock:
Tigger

Postby Old school » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Vince - hang in there and therapy is your friend. Appreciate all your posts through the years. No doubt Vince has been there, done that when it comes to elk hunting. I’ve picked up plenty of tips and hints from Vince - and he was even kind enough to share one of his hunting spots with me. Back then my sons were young and all 3 of us still talk about that hunt. We never got an arrow in an elk that hunt, but it was a great memorable hunt - and it all happened because Vince shared one of his spots with me.

Praying for your recovery Vince.

-Mitch
Old school

Postby Jhg » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 5]

Looking forward to more of your rich and colorful stories Vince. A full recovery for you!

Joshua
Jhg

Postby 7mmfan » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 6]

Wishing VInce a speedy recovery. I do appreciate all he brings to the forum. I'm sure his family is as much in need of prayers now as he is. They're in my thoughts for sure.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby >>>---WW----> » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 7]

May the Lord bless you and your family with a speedy recovery. We will all miss you for a while here on the forum but look forward for your return when you get to feeling better. In the meantime, take it easy old friend. Prayers sent.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Billy Goat » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 8]

I'll be praying for you, Vince.

as others have said, I always pay attention to Saddlesore wisdom.
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Deanmac » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 9]

Praying for a speedy recovery
Deanmac

Postby saddlesore » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 10]

Thanks to all. I am able to move around, but slow.Doc said it will take some time to get my strength back. Typing with one hand and one finger is tedious to say the least. Biggest crisis was I had to turn my elk tag in. First year in 46 in Colorado that I will miss the hunt. At present I don't know if there will be anymore in the future.That hurts.

I am down to one mule now and don't know if I can ride him or not in the future and my pack saddle outfit looks like it is sold tomorrow.

Old age really sucks. To the younger guys, let me say, elk hunts are like sleep, you miss one and you will never get it back
saddlesore

Postby 7mmfan » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 11]

Glad to see you up and about Vince.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby ElkNut1 » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 12]

Great to see you're up & about Vince, best wishes to you sir! Don't count yourself out yet partner, you just never know!

ElkNut/Paul
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Jhg » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 13]

I think there should be a Saddlesore stories tab. A new story by Vince every month, until he runs out of them and from what I hear that will never happen.
Jhg

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 04, 2022 •  [Post 14]

Jhg wrote:I think there should be a Saddlesore stories tab. A new story by Vince every month, until he runs out of them and from what I hear that will never happen.

Ya, I don’t know. That could break the internet using too much bandwidth ;). Rest, recover, watch a bunch of cowboy movies, and get back on your feet as soon as you can mister. You’re already sorely missed around our campfire Vince.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 08 05, 2022 •  [Post 15]

Praying for a speedy recovery ! Hope all goes well !

When possible jump back oh and keep sharing your daily wins and elk experiences.
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby wawhitey » 08 05, 2022 •  [Post 16]

Youre too damn ornery to let a little thing like a stroke keep you down. Youll be up and operating at full capacity in no time. Old captain i worked with, retired 6 or 7 years ago. Had a stroke right afterhe retired, and was in really bad shape for a while. Got to go see him when i was up in sitka about 4 months ago and sure as hell he was doing better than he was doing the last few years before his stroke. Best wishes, hope to hear youre 101% soon.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey