Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Draw results for bull moose in Washington

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Draw results for bull moose in Washington

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Yes! I drew any antlered bull moose with under 9pts! I can't hardly keep my feet on the ground!
In my home state too! Let the scouting begin. I'm also going to see if I can get private land owners permission.
Question, I have a little knowledge on hunting moose! Any advise from you guys?
I have a lot of help from family, but not much knowledge of moose hunting.
I won a draw that others had more points! How come I was drawn?
Omg I'm so excited just called f&g I won with 9 pts !
If you can't find me, I'm not lost. I'm hunting!
lilshootergirl

Re: Draw results for bull moose in Washington

Postby wawhitey » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Which unit did you draw?
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 3]

called to pay for moose tag, and confirm how many points, it 9 pts!
So excited!! And have 30 days to get a moose!
Unit 108
lilshootergirl

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Sweeeeeeeeet; how awesome is that LSG! We're looking forward to hearing about your bull moose hunt planning, scouting, right up to when you put that big ol' moose's nose in the dirt. A huge congrats!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 5]

Well congrats. Id share some info if i had any but i never spend any time in 108, despite it bordering my home unit.
wawhitey

Postby Swede » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 6]

Congratulations and best wishes.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 7]

:o
lilshootergirl

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 8]

If I can't get a elk, ill get a moose! I'm really glad its close to home, and my family will get to be there, a friend knows a guy who hunted & got a boone & crockett bull from this area! I'm planning on scouting hopefully get some permission from some land owners.
I'm so ready to bring meat home & memories, ill be video taping with a 8 ml recorder, my head recorder can't zoom like this. Hoping gas will be lower so everyone can enjoy your up coming hunt. Good luck,
Thank you guys!!
lilshootergirl

Postby wawhitey » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 9]

Im right next door in 121. If you need help packing, i can be there, if im home, and not in alaska or idaho.
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 10]

My two youngerst and I have each killed a once in a lifetime Idaho bull moose. So weve played with moose alot. My youngest daughter we Identified over 30 mature bulls before she made her kill

When does the hunt start. And whats your weapon of choice?
are you looking for any legal moose?
Weve done a little calling , amazing responses from bulls, and cow moose. Our best sources of info was generally other hunters, and with a 17 year girl and a 2o something daughter we got lots of help.

Before the leaves drop they can be hard to find. if you see cows often there is a bull. And the big bulls can often be like bull elk,,, a bit more elusive.
If its drier when your hunting,, bulls antlers make a lot of noise when feeding.

Years ago a big ( cousins aunts) family had drawn 9 moose tags over 7 years in Northern Utah. I asked what their secret to moose hunting was. Shoot them up hill and close to the truck. Maybe some of the best advise,,, just stay closer to roads. I goot my moose out myself ( Holly helped, ) Down hill to the traIL
Julie and Christinas bulls were closer to Frorest service roads
A great hunt to do with other
2012-11-03 09-41-27.JPG

2015-11-08 13-10-25.JPG
2015-11-08 13-10-25.JPG (129.48 KiB) Viewed 1937 times

2016-10-08 09-14-33.jpg
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 17, 2022 •  [Post 11]

Lefty! I love seeing kids hunt, that's so as some. Love the photos, I'm bringing my camrecorder, if I have someone recording? My hunt starts November 1st, until 30th.
So I've got time, but my help is limited unless construction shuts down for them, but I'm used to hunting alone, I know a few people close by if I need help! Thank god, there big!
I'll be shooting my 308, with 180 grain BT. My scope is a vortex. Lots of work before I even go! I know ill never get this chance again.
Thank you all for the support!
lilshootergirl

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 17, 2022 •  [Post 12]

Oh its any Antlered bull moose! I'm thinking don't pass up a moose I wouldn't pass on the last day!
I've been told there's huge moose in this unit. Will see how much private property? And if I can get permission from land owners? A lot of depends!
lilshootergirl

Postby Lefty » 06 19, 2022 •  [Post 13]

lilshootergirl wrote:Oh its any Antlered bull moose! I'm thinking don't pass up a moose I wouldn't pass on the last day!
I've been told there's huge moose in this unit. Will see how much private property? And if I can get permission from land owners? A lot of depends!

My youngest we easily passed on over 40 bulls. So the day My father in law and wife ditched me early. We had been passing up on so many moose, My FIL commented "any moose is a trophy " Im still a bit upset how it all went down. her first shot was 7 yards her 2nd at 5 .
So my first suggestion ,, keep your cool about the whole thing.
she had lots of bulls to select from and had hunted 9 days passing on plenty of bulls.
My bull I wanted to take it with archery, ( wanted a P and Y ) and had seen a total of 4 with 11 full days of hunting and a handfull of 15-20 minute evening hunts, I only had 4 days left,,, and ended up taking my bull with a rifle.

My middle daughters bull we had scouted and archery elk hunted 12 days. Handnt seen a bull.
The first bull we had seen. Over the few years wolves had decimated the unit, fewer and fewer bulls.

So really depends . I kill enough game where I want to take it under my terms, what ever that is at the time. And a once in a life time,,, well is once in a lifetime. :D

2012-11-01 18-22-46.JPG

2016-10-08 08-06-25.jpg

2016-10-08 07-46-25.jpg
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 06 19, 2022 •  [Post 14]

2016-10-08 08-21-10.jpg
Lefty

Postby Tigger » 06 20, 2022 •  [Post 15]

lilshootergirl wrote:Oh its any Antlered bull moose! I'm thinking don't pass up a moose I wouldn't pass on the last day!

Take this as my opinion only, but that is horrible advice. You should shoot what YOU want, WHEN you want to. If that is a calf on day 1, so be it. If that means passing a lot of bulls, so be it. But use your judgement based on how the scouting and hunting is going, then make your decision. Don't let some stupid saying drive a decision on a great tag!
Tigger

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 20, 2022 •  [Post 16]

I am going to check unit out, so glad its close, I am using my 308, with 180 grain, BT. It's 2,847ft ps.
Ill get closer if wind and thermals work for me. I feel so honored to be picked! WaWhitney should be close by but not, I know others will. Just need to know how different they are than elk?
Thank you, loved the photos, her smile was worth it!
lilshootergirl

Postby Lefty » 06 21, 2022 •  [Post 17]

Tigger wrote:

Take this as my opinion only, but that is horrible advice. You should shoot what YOU want, WHEN you want to. If that is a calf on day 1, so be it. If that means passing a lot of bulls, so be it. But use your judgement based on how the scouting and hunting is going, then make your decision. Don't let some stupid saying drive a decision on a great tag!

Well said!!!!!!!
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 06 21, 2022 •  [Post 18]

lilshootergirl wrote:Ill get closer if wind and thermals work for me.

Moose do not react like elk most of the time.
Ive had bulls down wind 19-40 yards and did nit really care, Ive had bull moose spot me 600 yards away, and run.
Generally as the biggest thing in the woods they arent as concerned.
Twice in my life Ive been put up trees by moose/with yearling calves. I've seen ma moose run off grizzlies, and A stand off with a young bull under 20 yards,,, and yeah,,, I was well past concerned.
Moose hunts ( like antelope) can be easily done with kids , Again my advise,, Seat time near the truck unless you have a HS football team in you r pocket.
Lefty

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 23, 2022 •  [Post 19]

I'm the luckiest women now! A family that knows that unit well is helping get a moose! I'm beyond thrilled! He's from Colville, he got a dandy one 2 years ago, he lives 5 miles from me, his wife drew a mule deer hunt in that unit., must be a lucky time for women in 2022?
Yes, I'm aware moose will charge, ill be up in a tree! Yep, I may be there for awhile, lol.
I feel really good about this hunt now, onx maps showed all the timber company's own 37% of that area.
Glad I'm researching and down loading it.
Still feels like a dream! But Dreams do come true eventually
lilshootergirl