Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Welcome to New Advertising Sponsor - Wapiti River Outdoors

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Welcome to New Advertising Sponsor - Wapiti River Outdoors

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 14, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Actually, welcome back to our humble hunting campfire! My buddy Travis O’Shea is not only a world class elk caller, he's also the owner/operator of Wapiti River Outdoors, which produces some of the finest elk calls made, no kidding. Digging around on his website it looks like he has some elk calling tactics seminars scheduled "up north". I'll work on him to possibly bring some of those seminars down our way, perhaps some podcasts are in order? At any rate you wild bohemians, give Trav a big welcome to WapitiTalk and check out his website and text link above. Welcome back old friend, glad to have you on board.

https://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com/
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Welcome to New Advertising Sponsor - Wapiti River Outdoo

Postby Thegreatwapiti » 06 14, 2022 •  [Post 2]

I can't use a diaphragm call. I have a gag reflex (probably a good thing). Sorry. Got any reed calls I can support?
Thegreatwapiti

Postby Wapiti » 06 14, 2022 •  [Post 3]

Hey elk guru’s !!

Thanks and it’s great to see all the familiar names !!

Also I see lots of new names as well. So awesome to see.

ARROOGGH !!
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
http://www.wapitiriveroutdoors.com
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby Swede » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Travis, it is great to see you post here again. Your diaphragms are the best I have used.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 5]

Great to see you back Travis. Been wondering what happened to you.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Wapiti » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 6]

Swede wrote:Travis, it is great to see you post here again. Your diaphragms are the best I have used.

Dang Swede your to kind my friend !! Sure nice to be back. Life has been a whirlwind the last couple years ! Working full-time and then also running Wapiti full-time really put a strain on me. So now I’ve given up my full-time job and I’m proud to say I’m running Wapiti river outdoors full-time !!

So all I can say fellas is “ let’s do this “ !!

ARROOGGH !!!!
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

Postby Wapiti » 06 15, 2022 •  [Post 7]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Great to see you back Travis. Been wondering what happened to you.

Hi Bill !! I’m glad you didn’t forget about me !! How are you doing my friend it’s been a long time !

I can only guess you’re still kicking butt and taking names !! You’ve probably put a few elk down since the last time we’ve chatted !!
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

Postby Tigger » 06 16, 2022 •  [Post 8]

W(elk)come baaaaack! We talked on the phone a few times and you helped me fine tune my calling. Been using your calls ever since. Probably sold a dozen or more of them to my buddies as well because when people ask me, I don't hesitate a moment to say go buy a Wapiti River Patriot! Folks, the Patriot just plain is the easiest to use call I have found that makes wonderful bull sounds. I have called in a lot of bulls with them. Mine are a few years old so I am thinking about buying a couple more just in case mine start wearing out.
Tigger

Postby Wapiti » 06 16, 2022 •  [Post 9]

Tigger wrote:W(elk)come baaaaack! We talked on the phone a few times and you helped me fine tune my calling. Been using your calls ever since. Probably sold a dozen or more of them to my buddies as well because when people ask me, I don't hesitate a moment to say go buy a Wapiti River Patriot! Folks, the Patriot just plain is the easiest to use call I have found that makes wonderful bull sounds. I have called in a lot of bulls with them. Mine are a few years old so I am thinking about buying a couple more just in case mine start wearing out.

Hey Tigger great stuff buddy. Yup the Patriot is hard to beat. I have some new reeds your going to love. They are built off the Patriot platform !! The Heart and Chuckler reeds.

So how’s your calling now. Your probably an old pro now. Maybe you’ll show me a few tricks now. I still have a few secrets to share !! LOL. Anyways I look forward to chatting again.

Thanks again
Travis
Wapiti River Outdoors
780-876-6170
Wapiti
Site Sponsor