Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bear Damage! (grin)

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bear Damage! (grin)

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Hey folks, check this out! How would you like to get back to camp & find out you had a black bear visiting while you were out! He's a bit tough on equipment wouldn't you say!! Here's Vortex comment about them & their awesome warranty!

Vortex Optics
"VIP Warranty at work: These binoculars were discovered after returning to camp and realizing they had an unexpected visitor. We don't recommend black bears using our optics, but if they do, you're fully covered."
Attachments
Bear Damage.jpg
Bear Damage.jpg (198.63 KiB) Viewed 3086 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: Bear Damage! (grin)

Postby Wapiti » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 2]

WOW what a great company !!! They get my vote !!
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby Indian Summer » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 3]

First thing that crossed my mind is who in their right mind leaves camp without their binos?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby buglmin » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 4]

I was wondering what the heck did he have on is hands that got all over his bino's? Guess he didnt wash up after eating his lunch...
buglmin

Postby CrazyElkHunter » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 5]

The camp above us had 2 quad seats chewed up this last season when the hunters got back from a evening of hunting. Foam everywhere. Bears for some reason love to chew on them. In Alaska I heard they remove them when parked for the same reason. Kinda strange the binos were in camp. :roll:
CrazyElkHunter

First Name: Bill
Last Name: Custer

Postby bnsafe » 01 02, 2013 •  [Post 6]

first, the next pair of binos i get will be vortex
second, we had a bear in our base camp last year that ate half our food, tore up a cooler, and came back. i never dreamed we would really have a bear anywhere near us and left our food in coolers sitting agaisnt our tent. luckily he didnt tear the tent up getting inside.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby ElkNut1 » 01 03, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Yes Vortex will take care of any issue with no questions asked! BUT, just look at what that bear did to those things???? The guy must have just gotten through eating bacon or something when he put the binos down??? I suspect the hunter was hunting a lot of country like we hunt, there are many times I do not take my binos either! I rely on my rangefinder as my binos in the really thick stuff! What ever his reason he sure payed for it! (grin) I've got some more cool photos too of others destroyed I'll share here & there!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby pointysticks » 01 03, 2013 •  [Post 8]

that is a tough chew toy!! i guess that bear is pooping out lens covers now!! hahaa.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l