Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Sponsor Welcome, Bow Spider!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Sponsor Welcome, Bow Spider!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 09, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Another great outdoor product/business has decided to become an advertising sponsor on our humble hunting forum. Please help me welcome Bow Spider. If you're a bowhunter, I think you'll like what you see. Welcome Bow Spider, I appreciate you swinging by! RJ

Text link and banner link above.

https://bowspider.com/
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: New Sponsor Welcome, Bow Spider!

Postby Swede » 03 09, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Welcome to Bow Spider. It is good to have you here on WapitiTalk.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 03 10, 2022 •  [Post 3]

Welcome aboard! I have a question about this product… is there a mechanism that locks the post into the slot. I wouldn’t want to drop my bow when hiking in rough terrain. Even worse would be for it to bump my horses hind quarters and pop out which could result in a rodeo. Great idea! I’m not a fan of slings.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 10, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Good question Joe. They have not signed in as a sponsor member yet, but, I sent them an email containing your question; I'll you know what they say. There are a handful of VIDs on their website, including a guy showing how he uses the Bow Spider mounted.
WapitiTalk1

Postby Indian Summer » 03 10, 2022 •  [Post 5]

Seems like a no brainer to incorporate a small latch that clicks shut over top of the post. Hey…. this should tell our prospective sponsors that we do look over and consider their products. Plus seasoned hunters give great customer feedback.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 10, 2022 •  [Post 6]

Indian Summer wrote:Welcome aboard! I have a question about this product… is there a mechanism that locks the post into the slot. I wouldn’t want to drop my bow when hiking in rough terrain. Even worse would be for it to bump my horses hind quarters and pop out which could result in a rodeo. Great idea! I’m not a fan of slings.

Crystal/Bow Spider, responded to this question: "There is no "locking" mechanism because we did not want debris, ice, or snow to allow the system to fail when in the field. The Bow Spider system utilizes the weight of the bow to help keep it in place. We advise our customers that if they are riding anything with feet or wheels (horses, e-bikes etc.) that they throw one small strap around the bottom of their bow to prevent accidental deployment. As far as going through rough terrain, utilizing it on the top of your pack or in sling mode (see picture on site) works best."
WapitiTalk1