Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

We Need Your Help!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

We Need Your Help!

Postby mr_steve » 11 06, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Wapiti Talkers, we need your help... we found out a recent film my buddy Luke and I made called DUST to DUST was selected as a finalist in the Western Hunter Film Festival!! I'm very passionate about this film as it has a lot of meaning as you'll see if you watch it. Here's the part we need help with, the final round is decided by votes and the prize package for this category is over $6k so you could say I'm also passionate about winning :D That being said, we don't want votes unless you feel it's a worthy film. We would love your vote and support if you enjoy the film. I do believe they are giving out prizes to voters as well. Thanks for reading this and thanks to those that take the time to vote, we really appreciate it! Even if you don't vote I hope you enjoy the film.

Link to voting page for Amateur Long category: https://filmfest.westernhunter.net/category/amateur-long/

Note that in order to vote you create a simple login quick and then click the thumbs up next to the DUST to DUST film at the bottom. Thank you again!!

- Steve Frith
mr_steve

First Name: Steve
Last Name: Frith

Re: We Need Your Help!

Postby Swede » 11 06, 2021 •  [Post 2]

I could never get the film to play for me, but I liked your show well enough to vote for you anyway. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby mr_steve » 11 06, 2021 •  [Post 3]

Swede wrote:I could never get the film to play for me, but I liked your show well enough to vote for you anyway. :D

It is slightly strange how they have it set up. It plays a 2 second ad and then it should allow you to press play again on the film but I’ve had troubles too.
mr_steve

Postby mr_steve » 11 06, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Thanks for the vote Swede!
mr_steve

Postby js80138 » 11 07, 2021 •  [Post 5]

Great tribute to your firend Jay. May he R.I.P.
js80138

Postby >>>---WW----> » 11 07, 2021 •  [Post 6]

I also lost my hunting buddy a few years ago. So I know how you must feel. But remember, Jay isn't gone. HE'S JUST SCOUTING OUT HEAVEN FOR YOU NEXT BIG ADVENTURE TOGETHER.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby mr_steve » 11 08, 2021 •  [Post 7]

Thanks guys for watching and voting! Th film isn't too exciting as fa as elk hunting action but that really wasn't the focus. Jay's story has been a good reminder that every hunt or day could be your last!
mr_steve

Postby Lefty » 11 08, 2021 •  [Post 8]

Ill check it out this evening
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 11 08, 2021 •  [Post 9]

I liked the video for sure, and got excited when Scripture was quoted in the beginning. I was disappointed that no further credit was given to our creator for providing, caring or directing the hunt. I know that with all my hunts Jesus has promised, "lo, I am with you always, even, unto the end of the world."
I do understand that you missed your special friend Jay, and wanted to recognize him for all he meant to you. I miss my father on my all hunts, and remember what he did to get me started too, but to God be the glory.
I know I have gone from appreciating the video to preaching, but I needed to share those thoughts. Thanks for the quality video.
Swede

Postby mr_steve » 11 08, 2021 •  [Post 10]

Swede wrote:I liked the video for sure, and got excited when Scripture was quoted in the beginning. I was disappointed that no further credit was given to our creator for providing, caring or directing the hunt. I know that with all my hunts Jesus has promised, "lo, I am with you always, even, unto the end of the world."
I do understand that you missed your special friend Jay, and wanted to recognize him for all he meant to you. I miss my father on my all hunts, and remember what he did to get me started too, but to God be the glory.
I know I have gone from appreciating the video to preaching, but I needed to share those thoughts. Thanks for the quality video.

I absolutely appreciate those thoughts and couldn't agree more credit should have been given in the video. As a Christian, I am thankful for everything God has provided especially when it comes to hunting. The older I get the more I understand that God is in control. Feel free to preach any day Swede!
mr_steve

Postby Swede » 11 08, 2021 •  [Post 11]

Thanks Steve. I am pleased I did not offend you. I do not know you personally, but you would be welcome in my camp.
Swede

Postby mr_steve » 11 29, 2021 •  [Post 12]

Today and tomorrow are the last days to VOTE!! (Tuesday 11/30). Thank you to everyone who has supported this film, watched it and voted. Please vote if you have a moment to help! It's greatly appreciated.

https://filmfest.westernhunter.net/category/amateur-long/
mr_steve