Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Hunting Season 2021

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Hunting Season 2021

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 26, 2021 •  [Post 1]

What a weird year, all around. The positive is that God has granted us another year to do what we love, and for many of us it is as much a part of our existence as breathing, we get to hunt! So WapitiTalk members, what are your season plans? In a nutshell, here’s mine (God willing and the creeks don’t rise). Yes sir, it's right around the corner! Mid to end of SEP, after a big snotty Gem State stick n' string bull. Evergreen State hunts = ML elk, wet side of the state, seasons are 2-8 OCT and 24-8 DEC; probably won't get out in the early season but will hit it for 3-4 days plus weekends in the late season. Pulled a multi-season blacktail tag (one of the bright spots of the WDFW seasons; you can hunt all early and late weapon seasons) so, will see about bringing a blacktail buck home for dinner by either archery, some pole, or boom stick) - the seasons start early SEP and end the last day of DEC. Good luck to all and stay safe! Let’s hear your cat’s battle plan. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Hunting Season 2021

Postby wawhitey » 08 27, 2021 •  [Post 2]

My plan is to just wait and see which seasons im on dry land for. Just got up to dutch harbor and at this point a lot is up in the air, i could be home the end of september, or i could be out here until november sometime. So i dont have a clue what ill be doing this fall. Oh well.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Billy Goat » 08 27, 2021 •  [Post 3]

1. good luck to all of you who will be departing for bow camp soon
2. rifle hunt, GEN season in Wyoming with 7 others. first trip to WY, so really amped for it. :)
"First teach a child to love God,
teach them second to love their family
and third, teach them to hunt and fish,
and by the time they reach their teens, no dope peddler under the sun will ever teach them anything".

-Cotton Cordell
Billy Goat

Postby Elkhntr08 » 08 27, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Wyoming bound in October. Cashed in antelope points this year and drew the general elk tag with nothing. Hope I didn’t burn all my luck with that draw.
Called the Bear Mortality line yesterday and the seasons in all the units around me are closed. No need to buy a bear tag this year.
Elkhntr08

Postby 7mmfan » 08 27, 2021 •  [Post 5]

This will be my least active season in a decade. I could not get the Idaho tag I wanted, didn't draw WY or MT. I did draw a coveted Mule Deer tag for WA so that's where I'm putting all my eggs. I'll get out a few more times for bear between now and then and tag along with some buddies on deer hunts here locally. Cashed in the rest of my vacation time on a Hawaii trip for the fam :D No out of state tags could be a blessing I suppose.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby dsayer » 08 28, 2021 •  [Post 6]

Colorado OTC archery for our crew this year. The local boys are getting after it opening day/weekend. The out of staters will get to camp on the 5th to 6th and we'll be there through the 12th.
dsayer

Postby GoGriz1234 » 08 28, 2021 •  [Post 7]

Good luck to all the early birds out there this year!! I’ll be join you guys in three weeks. I would love to see some of you post your final preparations and travels so I can live vicariously through you until I can get after it, if you have time.
GoGriz1234

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Marshall

Postby saddlesore » 08 28, 2021 •  [Post 8]

Muzzle loader for cow elk. Leaving Sept 9, Then eastern Colraodo Plains buck deer in October.Toying wit ha buffalo (bison) hunt in December
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Lefty » 08 28, 2021 •  [Post 9]

Everythign keeps changing.
Pulling the trailers up Monday. Hunting Tuesday
My daughter and andrew are too excited. We have some 20" 4x4 mulies they are all excited about. We have a couple bears in the one canoyon . So a bear is on Julies list. My daughter doesnt have many days to hunt. ^ so were truing to convince her to shoot any elk
Hunt or be at camp 22-25 day of the month.
Then maybe hit it hard for Julies bear.
Chase ducks and geese in Monatana
Set some traps for coyotes in the pasture
Likely buy a reservation permit fr waterfowl.
Maybe take a week to fish ND or head south for Javilina,, March SD snow geese, maybe trap some muskrats
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H