Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Montana Plan B

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Montana Plan B

Postby Stykbow14 » 08 15, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Drew a General Season elk tag in MT with the intension of hunting a private ranch a few friends and I lined up. Well....the ranch and cabin just burned to the dirt! Looking into a Plan B on Public. I know they are everywhere in MT, but where are the least numbers grizzlies? Just not that interested in dealing with them :shock: This will be my first time in MT. Hunted CO for the past 6 years. Was looking forward to the hunt and seeing new territory! Kinda bummed :evil:
Stykbow14

Re: Montana Plan B

Postby Swede » 08 15, 2021 •  [Post 2]

I am sorry about how the fire has forced you into a plan B Stybow. I do not know Montana, but we do not have a griz problem in Oregon. We still have some decent OTC units here. That is supposed to change next year.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 08 15, 2021 •  [Post 3]

I hunted, guided, and outfitted Montana public land in areas with no grizzlies for over 35 years. Pretty sure I can bail you out of that spot. Check out the DIY Hunt Plans page on the website and let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Joe Ferraro
http://www.headinwest.net
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Lefty » 08 15, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Consider all expansion areas as having a few

Here in Idaho Ive been told by Fed that bears aren't in a certain area, but state guys say different.

download (2).jpg
download (2).jpg (8.28 KiB) Viewed 1062 times
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H