Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New WapitiTalk.com Members

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New WapitiTalk.com Members

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 28, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Haven't ran one of these in a while. If you are new to our humble hunting campfire, please introduce your self and let us know a bit about yourself (what you like to hunt, weapons you usually use, where you currently hang your hat, favorite color, you get the picture). If you want one, send me a PM and I'll send you a WapitiTalk.com window decal (guaranteed to improve hunting success by at least 10%) :D. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: New WapitiTalk.com Members

Postby Jpw1971 » 06 30, 2021 •  [Post 2]

Hi there, thanks for accepting my request to join the group. I’m James from Pennsylvania and I’ll be 50 years old in about a week. I have hunted and fished since I was a little boy and although my hunting typically consists of chasing whitetails with a bow in my home state, I was fortunate enough to hunt elk in colorado about 31 years ago. I have been saying for years that I am going to make it back out there, and finally, I’m going to get a chance to do so come September 19th. My wife and I will be staying near the Taylor Reservoir (GMU 55) and will have about 7 days to chase elk with a bow (her with a camera). I have been doing as much research as I can in an effort to come up with some realistic game plans. The area I hunted way back when seems to be loaded with atv trails these days.
Jpw1971

Postby Swede » 06 30, 2021 •  [Post 3]

Welcome to our humble little forum jpw1971. We have several Colorado hunters that hang out here. I do not know what they know about the game management unit you intend to hunt, but they know elk hunting. Best wishes.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 30, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Welcome mister, glad to have you on board.
WapitiTalk1

Postby GoGriz1234 » 07 01, 2021 •  [Post 5]

Welcome! Great bunch of guys here. Keep us posted on your progress and planning. The play-by-play from planning through the end of the hunt is all part of the process, and is exciting to follow and see how others approach things.
GoGriz1234

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Marshall

Postby Indian Summer » 07 02, 2021 •  [Post 6]

Sometimes instead of thinking about where the elk might be think about where people will be. Or better yet where they won’t be. There are lits of places where it’s even tough to get a horse. I have a friend who does well in Colorado around those dates and he hunts high.

Welcome aboard and good luck!
Joe
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 02, 2021 •  [Post 7]

Yes sir Jpw, w(ELK)ome to Wapititalk! Unit 55 is out of my territory as I live in the northwest portion of the state. But I'll bet Saddlesore or Elkduds might be able to give you a tip or two.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 08, 2021 •  [Post 8]

Welcome aboard mister, thanks for swing by WapitiTalk.com! After you have three posts, PM me your mailing address and I'll shoot a WT decal your way ;) . RJ
WapitiTalk1

Postby elknailer » 08 04, 2021 •  [Post 9]

registered last yr. first post this yr. dan jennings from saint joseph mi. 73 yrs old first elk hunt 1986, five of us went 4 for 5 diy. I have only hunted colorado but have taken 7 elk, 3 bulls 4 cows.
This yr I have a unit 61 archery tag. yep I am excited.
elknailer

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 04, 2021 •  [Post 10]

Welcome aboard Dan, glad to have you on board. Good luck on your hunt this fall sir :-).
WapitiTalk1