Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Green river grizzly

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Green river grizzly

Postby lilshootergirl » 05 27, 2021 •  [Post 1]

I just read on Wyoming fish& game site this is the second spring there's been grzz siteing!
Not sure if there's enough food to sustain then in that area unless there eating Elk calves?
If you can't find me, I'm not lost. I'm hunting!
lilshootergirl

Re: Green river grizzly

Postby Lefty » 05 28, 2021 •  [Post 2]

only 80 miles through unpopulated country , a few days stroll for a lost bear

One griz around Salmon Idaho been making the news too.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 05 28, 2021 •  [Post 3]

A griz is more than capable of lapping up a fawn or calf.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby lilshootergirl » 05 30, 2021 •  [Post 4]

I guess ill pack my 10month? Never know, cougar can take your kill if it set its mind to.
lilshootergirl

Postby Lefty » 06 01, 2021 •  [Post 5]

Hiker mauled by grizzly bear in Yellowstone National Park

Pete Thomas
May 28, 2021 12:42 pm ETA hiker in Yellowstone National Park was attacked by one of two grizzly bears he encountered Friday morning near Mammoth Hot Springs.

The unidentified 39-year-old male sustained “significant injuries” to his lower extremities but managed to hike out, according to a news release. The man was transported to Livingston Hospital in Montana.
Beaver Ponds Trail, where the incident occurred, has been closed until further notice. The man, who was hiking alone, encountered the bears 1.5 miles from the trailhead at Old Gardiner Road.

The park, which did not disclose further details, reminds visitors to always have bear spray close at hand, to hike with others, and to make noise while on trails to help prevent surprise encounters.Payment: Visa: ($64.05)
Lefty

Postby lilshootergirl » 06 04, 2021 •  [Post 6]

I'm thinking packing a side arm is a good idea. Years ago a friend's friend took a selfie of him & his elk, checked the photo to see if it turned out, there was a cougar right behind him. He shoot warning shots to get the cougar to leave. If that dosnt make your hair stand up?
lilshootergirl

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 06 04, 2021 •  [Post 7]

lilshootergirl wrote:I'm thinking packing a side arm is a good idea. Years ago a friend's friend took a selfie of him & his elk, checked the photo to see if it turned out, there was a cougar right behind him. He shoot warning shots to get the cougar to leave. If that dosnt make your hair stand up?

LSG, yep..I think carrying that big pistol of yours in big bear country is a good idea, especially when you're going back in to a kill site. I remember that image with the cat in the background. After it circulated a while, it was actually found out to be a darn good photo shop ;). Here's the snopes link: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stalking-feat/
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 06 06, 2021 •  [Post 8]

There are plenty of big kitties that dont bother people. Curious sometimes
This was my 10 minute old ATV track.
A fellow had gotten stuck and the cat was likely called by his spinning truck tires..
We carry an added shotgun retrieving game ( and a 10mm and a 9 mm and bear spray )
Ive said it before: moose people and grizzlies scare me, not lions. , Ive been in trees with them, in caves, had one cross the road by our place( pocatello Idaho) Neighbor complained about it.
2014-11-03 18-43-10.jpg
Lefty