Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

The Hunt

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

The Hunt

Postby Swede » 05 08, 2021 •  [Post 1]

I want to leave home to set up my elk hunting camp and tree stands on August 23rd. I expect to stay until I get an elk and maybe longer. The season is over September 26, so I would expect to be home on the 27th at the latest. I always add "The Lord willing" because He is still ultimately in control of these things. That is the way I like it.
So, what is your plan for elk hunting 2021?
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: The Hunt

Postby Lefty » 05 08, 2021 •  [Post 2]

We will set up camp the 26th of August, Come back home and reload more gear food etc.
Ill likely spend 3-4, 5 days at a time. up at camp, come home for a day new laundry
Be home for Sundays Hopefully my wife will come up and stay a few days,.. Last year and to date she has been helping her parents .

This year Ill kill an easy nearby deer the first week. Maybe run and hunt with a buffy and his son for geese a day or two.
Elk or not Ill be up there till the end of archery. Then maybe move ( camp) to Montana for waterfowl for a week or two.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Tigger » 05 09, 2021 •  [Post 3]

no bow for me this year. Oct 22-31 rifle MT. doubtful i shoot one as i am 4th on my priority list! my daughter, my dad, and my daughters boyfriend all take precedence over me pulling the trigger. now my brother on the other hand....i will count to 0 and shoot if he is around!
Tigger

Postby Old school » 05 09, 2021 •  [Post 4]

We will leave Sunday Sept 12th after church and point the truck west. Lord willing Wyoming (if we draw) and plan B will be OTC in Colorado. Will archery hunt Sept 13-24 with a small break in the middle to go to town Sat night - Sun afternoon.
Old school

Postby Elkhunttoo » 05 09, 2021 •  [Post 5]

I have to wait to finalize my plans until after Idaho draw results are out. Drawing odds are slim so some in our group will be archery hunting and maybe all of us. I probably will hunt the first weekend but the. Get serious about it on the 10th on.

If I draw I will have a rifle in hand in October in the same unit I archery hunt in
Elkhunttoo

Postby >>>---WW----> » 11 23, 2021 •  [Post 6]

Looks like you Mods need to get after this one. :shock:
>>>---WW---->

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 23, 2021 •  [Post 7]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Looks like you Mods need to get after this one. :shock:

Thanks for the good eye Bill. Tigger/Dean caught this one also and the spammer's post has been deleted, and, user had been banned.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 11 23, 2021 •  [Post 8]

I don't think he is banned very well. I deleted another spam post of his/hers last night. I can ban them, but I need to remember how. Maybe I will try it out on Tigger. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 11 23, 2021 •  [Post 9]

Hmm did I miss some fun,, or just some mod work!
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby >>>---WW----> » 11 23, 2021 •  [Post 10]

Looks like RJ had to take care of this all by himself. I hear he is going to set up a little OJT course for all you mods. First prize for the best score on the test will be a free ride in Big Red. And if you remember what you learned for a whole week, a ride in the corporate plane might be arranged. :D :lol:
>>>---WW---->

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 23, 2021 •  [Post 11]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Looks like RJ had to take care of this all by himself. I hear he is going to set up a little OJT course for all you mods. First prize for the best score on the test will be a free ride in Big Red. And if you remember what you learned for a whole week, a ride in the corporate plane might be arranged. :D :lol:

Don’t give them any ideas Bill. They’re hard to control as it is :roll:
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ